Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+5
hannahlee
Roh
crys.kim
yena.an
Joseph
9 posters

DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph

DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 am

Hey team.
    Good meeting today.
    Man those sour heads were super sour.
    I checked my devos this morning but for some reason last nights devos was deleted. What about you guys.
    Anyways, today i did my devos on romans 8.

It says,

"You however, are controlled not by sinful nature but by the spirit,if the spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteuosness. And if the spirit of him whoi raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from dead will also give life to your mortal dodies through his spirit who lives in you."

In this passage, God is telling the world that once we accept Christ, we will be saved through the holy spirit. Once we die as humans, we will rot into the ground but our souls will be up in heaven. Since we have the spirit in us we will have eternal life. It says that our spirit is alive because through righteousness. And if the spirit who raised Jesus from the dead, the lord will live in you.

After reading and thinking through what i learned today, since it talks about the holy spirit, the word Spiritual warfare stuck up to me. Sam talked about this before with the team. We should be prepared for everything before we go into moosedeer. When we prepare were not just preparing for the activities and games. But we must also be prepared to spread the word of the gospel. That is one of are top priorities, right. We are now at a situation when satan wants to attack, and we must not let that happen. So when can we do? We must pray. Sam and sayah mentioned that prayer is the key to everything. We must pray alot. If we pray, then God will help and provide us. God will bring miracles in this team and also in moosedeer. And just to add one more thing, if we pray and that prayer comes true, we should continue on praying for that same reason because you can never know if something can go wrong. So remember to pray alot.

AMEN..........................
    yena.an

DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty devo:D

Post  yena.an Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 am

Heyy guysss
    today i read Isaiah 49:13
    The Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion on His suffering ones.

We all face different problems in our lives everyday. Some are big, and some, are small.
    And during these times, it's hard to focus on anything else. the problems seem so huge, that we cannot think of anything else.
    When I am faced with problems, my usual reaction (in the past) was to blow it out of proportion and just wish that it would end fast with as little damage as possible. it was the only thing in my mind until it passed over.
    But as the Bible tells us, God will comfort us and have compassion on us when we suffer.
    I think we all need to learn to rely on God more, have faith in Him, and believe that good will come out of our suffering.
    Billy Graham gives analogy of flowers on the Alps. They are buried under snow all winter, but when it becomes warm, they come out and they are beautiful. Although they have to endure the snow during the cold, the snow (when it melts) helps nourish the flowers. and our burdens are like the snow: they help prepare us for something beautiful once the winter is past. God has reasons to bestow on us these burdens, so we need to learn to place our faith in Him and just pray, and endure.

Amen.

yena.an pig
    crys.kim

DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  crys.kim Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:51 am

hi everyone sunny
    today's meeting was really good
    it really felt like we got a lot of things done
    im really looking forward to our games night
    good job team!!

ya what the heck??
    why did yesterday's devos get deleted???

so i was reading the second part of 1 thessalonians 4, which was titled "the coming of the Lord."
    and then i got to the end of the chapter, but this section actually continued onto chapter 5 so i continued reading until i finished the section.

it was a long section but it could be summarized quite simply.
    it was about the coming of the Lord. It says that those of us who are alive in Christ will be brought up to meet the Lord in the air and will be with the Lord forever.
    it also says that the time of the Lord's coming is unknown. however, to us when he comes, it should not be a surprise.
    "we must be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet."
    because God appointed us to receive salvation through Jesus Christ, that we may live together with him.
    paul repeats over and over again that we should encourage one another and build each other up.

i think it is really important for us to be prepared for the Lord's coming. I think it will be really hard not to be surprised. but i think paul here is telling us that our lives should be prepared- that when the day comes, we are not embarrassed or fearful of the lives we have been living. and with faith love and hope in our lives, when the Lord comes to judge us, everything will be pleasant.

this emphasis on encouragement really got to me.
    im someone who needs a lot of encouragement. i often doubt myself and question if what im doing is enough or adequate.
    but all your encouragements really really really help me. when you guys tell me after a meeting that i did a good job... you know, it really lifts me up.
    i think encouragements are really powerful and i think they're helpful to everyone. and as a team it should come naturally.
    so thanks to you guys who have been encouraging me, its really helping me.
    and i will do the same for everyone on the team.
    and we should also remember to always keep each other in our prayers.

good job you guys at todays meeting
    and i hope we continue to do our devos!!!
    lets do this!!!
    bye bye
    Roh

Post  Roh Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:55 am

Hey guys! Great job at the meeting today...I think everything went pretty smoothly. You guys all did great and thanks for coming to the meeting prepared for everything. This fundraiser's going to be great and all of you guys are going to do great! Keep working hard and remember to pray. Be consistent with your devos as well.

I just wanted to continue on with what Karen said today and give you a little analogy...cause I love analogies. In the NLT version, the fruits of the Spirit verse reads, "The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control...Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." Plants and trees produce fruits. If the plants and trees grow as they should and are fed what they are supposed to, they produce great fruit. The inside workings of these plants and trees must be perfect and they must be taken care of. It's the same with us, as Sam said. You take care of yourself and remain in the Spirit, those "fruits" of the Spirit will naturally manifest. That's how it works. It's not about being like Christ or just practising a few of those Godly characteristics. It's working from the inside out.

Ephesians 4:14-15 says, "We are not meant to remain as children but to grow up in every way into Christ." Don't settle for where you are at now in your spiritual walk. If you could be more patient, more gentle, more loving, more joyful, etc., keep growing in Christ. Mature more and grow the spiritual aspect of your life and you will mature in every other way in Christ as well. It all starts from the most basic part - your relationship with Jesus Christ. That's where it started, that's where it'll grow, and that's where you'll end up.

Keep up with your devos!

Roh
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:01 am

Good job at today's meeting, team!

I'm sooo stoked for Games Night! Very Happy

Timothy 6

6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

17 Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 18 Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. 19 By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.

Today's passage really taught me about relying on God, and God alone. It reminded me about refuting all of the world's securities and investing in what really counts, as true believers.

In these passages, Paul teaches Timothy that we must learn to be content with what we have been given, for money is unreliable and is by no stretch, a measure of happiness. I like how in both verses that I've highlighted, Paul emphasizes that we should be concentrating on the life that awaits us, after death, and remember that what we gather in our life on earth is temporary. Therefore, too much focusing on money during your temporary life is without cause, for you're investing in something that will eventually escape you. Whereas, if you continuously put your trust in God, refusing to put your trust and love into money and rather using it for good, He will store up great treasures for you in heaven, and that is true investment. Hope this is somewhat coherent...Haha.

In the context of this year's Native Missions, I was thinking about how we really need not worry too much about our finances, because God will provide. We are using whatever money we receive to do good, to carry out His work, so I have faith that provisions will come our way. FIGHTING Smile

- H
    seankim

Post  seankim Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:25 am

Ephesians 6:1-4

So in this passage it was about us, the children, obeying our parents, it also says "in the LORD". This is saying dont just obey everything our parents say, because sometimes they can be wrong. This reminds me of Sam's sermon about the woman submitting to the man, only when the man is trying to do right for the family in the eyes of the LORD, in the same way, obey your parents when they are trying to do what is right in the eyes of the LORD,
    It also says that this is the first commandment with a promise, that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on earth. I also got reminded about the time when Sam asked us when we should stop obeying our parents, and it also says never.

SO TIRED
    goodnight
    Jmz_Chung
    Jmz_Chung

DEVOTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Devo

Post  Jmz_Chung Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:52 am

Hey you guys...wow...just been too long..theres cobwebs on my bible lol
    Just wants to sayy sorry for not keeping up with devos lately..
    they dont call it devotion for no reason :/
    i hope that some of you guys can just pray for me and my struggle with being devoted
    since we all know there isn't much time before were heading down to MDP now.

Alright well for today i did my devotions on mathew 7 verse 13 and 15-16, it states:

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wode and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

Beware of the false prophets,who come to you in sheep's clothing,but inwardly are ravenous wolves
    You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

To me, I realized that during most of the day, I only see what's infront of me and thats because my priorities aren't in order. 99% of the time its all about me: What am i going to wear this morning, what am I going to eat, and so on... I guess what im trying to say is that i don't spend enough time with the Lord and with Jesus. I remember sam pointing out that prayer shouldnt come when we are in need. It should be consistent. But, i always find myself only praying consistently when i am in need and then i get frustrated when i find that God doesn't answer me during that time. :/ lol well i pray to give thanks to the lord for being with me through thick and thin. I pray that the lord strengthens me so that my faith will not falter or sway. I pray that i may change my ways and set my priorities in order.

In the morning, prayer is the most important part of your breakfast Very Happy
    gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:16 pm

hey team !
    sorry i had to leave early yesterday... ughh never busing again
    and i got home really late, cause my dad needed help at the store, so i couldnt get to comp access last night
    BUT i did do my devo .

okay so i read Matthew chapter 28
    and verses 16-20 i couldnt stop reading over and over again

especially verse 19.
    it says
    "There GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit."

When i read this verse, it reminded me of the song "God of Justice (we must go)" by Tim Hughes
    IT IS AN AMAZING SONG , but in the past, i never really thought about how LOUD how IMPORTANT the lyrics were.
    How many times did i say i would GO , but stayed in place? How many times did I tell God that i would GO out and make a difference in the world, but did nothing about it? How many times did God call me to GO, but i ignored His calling whether it was out of fear, worry etc etc .

there it says in verse 20.

"And I am surely with you always, to the very end of the age."
    this one REALLY gave me comfort. Obviously God isnt going to leave ANY of us to face these challenges alone, when He sends us, He goes with us!

The lyrics in the song i pointed out goes like this:

" Jesus you have called us freely we've recieved now. freely we will give. We must go live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken WE MUST GO. Stepping forward, move us from just singing, move us into action. WE MUST GO. TO act justly everyday, loving mercy in every way..." and goes on like that

I went back to like all those times i went to retreats, and i would be like so spiritually high and loving God so much more than usual, saying that i would go and do all that stuff, and then i would go home and would be the exact same before the retreat. I didnt Go.... i stayed.

But isnt this what we're doing when we go on the mission? We need to stand beside the broken, love, step forward. God is telling us to GO right now. That is why we are all here, so lets not ignore His calling, and any of the things He is sending us to do, becuase He will be with us through all of it, and will be with us forever.

man, this one was long....

ill be back tonight to post up todays Smile

have a good day team !
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:47 am

hey team, sorry i couldnt get access to the internet when i got home for some reason,
    i posted todays though..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:08 am