Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+9
RoK
yena.an
crys.kim
Jacobpk
seankim
esthershim
gracekimm.
Karen
Joseph
13 posters

DeVoTiOnS!

Joseph

DeVoTiOnS! Empty DeVoTiOnS!

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Wuddup team.
    So today i read 2 Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 9

v7. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

When i read through this verse a question came to mind. "Are you willing to give out all your possession to the poor"? The word "give" stuck up to me. I think Pastor Sam mentioned about "giving" in one of his sermon. As believer of Christ we should be able to give. Just like what Jesus Christ did. He sacrificed his life to save our souls. And that is something you can never forget. When it means by "give", i dont mean throw all of your belongings to a homeless or charity. I mean, are willing to help the person who are in need. So what you can do is pray for that person. Talk with that person if he/she have any struggles. We are all going to moosedeer to give. To help and provide for the people who are lost. And i believe that is something to give. I might sound confusing for not, so please correct me if im wrong.

v11. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

God is telling us that we shouldnt feel ashamed of are selves, because every single one of us is here for a reason. God has always planned to create you, even before the heavens and the earth was created. So lets remember that we are here for a reason. Like Pastor Sam would always say, "That God has created us for a reason, that you are not here by mistake". And that is absolutely true. in the verse it also mentioned that we are all made rich in every way. So it doesnt matter if your poor. Everyone is rich, such as money wise, personality, etc. If we have all those 9 fruits of the spirit. We are consider very rich. So lets not feel ashamed of anything. God has created us for a reason, and lets be proud of that.

v15. Thanks be to God, for his indescribable gift.

I really love this verse. That God is indescribable. We even have a song for that. God is so indescribable. The Lord has shown the world so many fascinating things. Im 100% sure that there are alot more fascinating things to discover around the universe. God wants to show us what he has created for the world to see. Its just so amazing eh. God is indescribable for everything he has done for us. Meaning the nine fruits of the spirit he has given us. You can never get those nine fruits from any one. Only from God. And that makes him so amazed. So lets be thankful for everything the Lord has done for you. Lets be thankful that God is indescribable.

AMEN.

Later.
    Karen

DeVoTiOnS! Empty RUTH

Post  Karen Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 pm

-RUTH

Hello guys, I read the book of Ruth and since it's like 4 chapters, i just read the whole thing. It was so good! cyclops

From the passage, one thing that stood out was the faith Ruth had in Naomi. she says "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried". Ruth left her mother and father and had such faith in some foreiner. I feel that we should have that kind of conviction in our heart to have faith in the Lord.

Another thing that stoodout to me was Boaz's grace upon Ruth. Because of Ruth herself, Boaz gave her love and care like God is to us.

I wish and i pray that we'll be able to have such faith that God will do amazing things with the Natives and show grace to the Natives. I love you

=) have a good one!
    gracekimm.

DeVoTiOnS! Empty Re: DeVoTiOnS!

Post  gracekimm. Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:41 am

okay i think this website hates me .
    eevery time i go to post a devo, it either doesnt publish, it does and then its gone, or while im in the middle of it, something will go wrong...
    this is like my 3rd time starting this one -.-

so today the weather is GORGEOUSSSS! and i was stuck inside cleaning all day.
    so im super hyped for tomorrow's basic confrence, its going to be SOOOOO good Smile

and coincidence ? they're singing the song i wrote about in my prev. devo Smile HAHAHA ALLLLLLL GOOD Very Happy

okay so i read Acts 2 and verses 42-47 really stood out to me

its about "the fellowship of believers"

i learned about this at vision x retreat a couple years ago, and looking back, HAHA i dont remembr what i was taught to be completly honest.....i think i was like half awake in this seminar..... but i get a whole new message from it now Very Happy

so we gather together every week with God as the center of our meetings, we get together for one cause, and work together as a team. And we work so that we can bring God into others lives, and well, save them right ?

fellowship= getting together with others, and having a time with God as the center of that get together.

its pretty awesome Smile lets keep God as our center in whatever we do!
    and most importantly, our CHURCH is our fellowship of beleivers, no ?
    so basically.... we're all FOBs HAHAHAHHAA

fresh off the boat.......................... NOT .

we are BASIC (brothers and sisters in Christ) and we need to be a FOB (fellowship of believers)
    LOL i love acronims Smile

so today was dull .
    cleaning.... cleaning.... cleaning....eating... and more cleaning .

heading down to toronto AGAIN tomorrow , tired ...

good night and see you all sunday !
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:42 am

hii team:)
    i had to get my us passport renewed and the place seemed so sketchy Suspect wow, those officers were stupid..
    but i got skinny jeans after, for $20, HOOOLLLA! Very Happy

PSALM 99:1-9
    "The Lord reigns, let the nations tremble; he sits enthroned betweeen the cherubim let the earth shake"
    The other verses surrounding this chapter were about prasiing the the Lord and that we should be rejoicing the things that He did. With all the great and positve things God has done, we should sing him a new song that contains all good things he put in us, but this verse says that we should tremble at his presence BECAUSE he reigns over us. It kindof caught me off gaurd, but then i think it's trying to say, that fear is included among worshping and prasing God. Not fear of 'an emotional response to threats and danger' but fear as in knowing the potential of what god can do and acknowledging it also.we should acknowlege god through fear, and praise him for being our god.

"The King is mighty, he loves justice"
    God is all powerful, and loves when good is brought upon those who deserve it. but does the wrong deserve punishment as much as those who deserve good? i think god puts justice on those who need it, and it may not seem that the 'bad' are getting what they deserve, but in the end judgement is passed and god gives fair judgement to all, no matter how 'bad' or 'good' they seem to be.
    seankim

Post  seankim Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:51 am

What up yo.

Ephesians 6:10-20

So I was reading this, a lot of metaphors.

In this passage it is talking to us, about the "Armor of God", I really like this because it gives us power. Like leveling up in maple story, yeeeeee. Anyways, it gives us, the ones weaker then God and the devil, more power, because God is with us. It talks about the "Shield of Faith" and the "Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit". The shield of faith is pretty literal. Our faith keeps us from wavering and falling, if we truly believe 100% that our God is always with us, isnt that a big enough shield? Also the Sword of the Spirit. I thought about this and it makes alot of sense. I remember this guy who made a really bad song about women, made this also inappropriate song about guns and killing people. Anyways when you think about it, the sword kills people. Not the ones holding it. If you go to war without a weapon, the chance of you surviving is highly unlikely. This is like God's helping hand, he gives us a weapon so that we may be more powerful the the devil.

Ok YEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Jacobpk
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 am

yeye
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:19 am

hi everyoneeee albino
    i stayed home today
    it was pretty sweetttt

so today i finished 1 thessalonians
    the section i read were some final instructions that paul left to the people.
    and they were just like reminders for me for everyday life- like little things we know but we often overlook them and forget.

we must respect each other. we must hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. and live in peace together.

we must also warm, help, encourage, and be patient with each other. and be kind to one another.

this point was really important.
    "be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
    ya i should do this all the time. we all should.

we must keep our whole spirit, soul, and body blameless at the coming of our Lord through him.
    i think an important point i took away here was that yes we should keep ourselves holy, but we must do so through God.
    we really need God's grace and love to be able to stay holy.

hmmm
    tomorrow im meeting up with yena to do missions stuff
    so yup
    pretty excited for that
    it will be a date
    yena.an

DeVoTiOnS! Empty devo:D

Post  yena.an Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:40 am

hey guyss
    today i read revelations 22:17
    whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
    hmmm well i had to think about this verse for a bit.
    my interpretation of this..i have no idea.
    i thought that the water of life is the different routes of life one can take.
    so this verse, essentially, is talking about freedom of choice. but there is only one real route to life.
    and that is seeking salvation through Christ. He is the ONLY way. so those who desire to live life and after life with God, must take that route.
    what i got out of this are several things. one, am i taking the right route, and if so, am i devoted to it? am i looking at the other routes i could have taken? two, our job at the reserve is to steer the natives to the right route, where they can walk with God and seek salvation; also to help them to see that they can make different choices in life.
    amen.
    yena.an pig
    RoK

Post  RoK Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:11 am

i'm gonna type all mine out before saturday...

I keep a JOURNAL...lol so i'll type it out and have it for tommorow.
    Jmz_Chung
    Jmz_Chung

DeVoTiOnS! Empty Devo

Post  Jmz_Chung Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:19 am

Hey yall, just glad that i can find myself here right now typing up my devo
    feeling most righteous styll,

Devo comes from Jeremiah 13 verse 16:

Give glory to the LORD your god before he brings the darkness, before your feet stumble on the darkening hills.
    You hope for light, but he will turn it to thick darkness and change it to deep gloom.
    My interpretation:

You know, its funny how i ran into this after my previous devo because it expands upon it which i found to be comforting

Alright well, expaning upon my previous thoughts, when i read this it just hit me how its like, during a clear and beautiful day, one doesn't bring an umbrella, wear a raincoat, etc. because outside looks so nice. But the person who watches the news and sees the 4 day forecast and sees that on that beautiful day, it will in fact rain. In doing so, that person prepares for the storm and is protected when the rain comes.

This is just like prayer. We don't know what lies ahead of us and so by praying and just spending time to get to know the lord, it will help us to prepare for what ever it may be, large or small. I pray that i will continue on with this as strong as i first started and never stop till i drop. I pray the lord will continue to bless me in giving me the strength to seek his will.

Amen.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:05 am

Hello everyone,
    Sorry I forgot to post my devo last night, but here it is.

I read Matthew 6 last night, and verses 22 and 23 really stuck out for me. "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!" To me, this verse was all about us looking into ourselves. I think that we all have personal limits that we put on ourselves as to what we can accomplish and what we can't. But perhaps those limits that we have prevent us from believing in the impossible or striving to be better and do more. Here, our faith in God should come in and break down those limits. With our fundraiser coming up and the trip to moosedeer fast approaching, I hope that we can all believe that God can do mighty things through us to touch the hearts of every single native person with love.
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 am

Hey Guys,

I did my devos yesterday but didn't get an opportunity to post, so here it is! Smile

2 Timothy 1

6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

I liked these verses because they reminded me that we can't treat each of our God-given gifts lightly. I feel like using the word "gift" to describe our spiritual talents is almost deceiving because it comes with the connotation that you can choose to use it or not. But these verses reminded me that our talents are more like...a responsibility that God has entrusted each of us with, with the expectation that we will do great things for Him. He's paired these gifts with the "spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline", so that we can lead lives for Him, with these things.

- H
    Roh

Post  Roh Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:15 am

Hey guys!

Sorry that I didn't post my devos last night. But I did it late last night and I'm posting it with today's, since they are two consecutive chapters.

I read 2 Timothy chapter 1.

What I learned from this chapter is about what we're SUPPOSED to be like as Christians. Many of us make excuses all the time when it comes to our faith. We often fail to administer the Gospel to other people and live very selfish lives by "hogging" God's grace to ourselves. Our excuses include the lack of time, money, strength, and even our personality. Some say that they're too shy to evangelize. Some say that they're not good at convincing others. I feel like this chapter is telling us, "Suck it up." Sure, some of us have better people skills and some of us are more knowledgeable when it comes to our faith. But we have one thing in common, and this is where it counts. We all love God and we all wish that more people would get to know Him. It's simple. It all starts from within. If we love God with all of our hearts, and if we have the uttermost faith for Him, we will act as examples and deliver His Word to those around us.

Verses 13 and 14 also got my attention. One of the most important things about faith isn't acquisition, but rather the ability to retain it. These verses encourage you to continue on after you acquire your faith in Jesus Christ. Don't stop and be satisfied. Always go the extra mile for Him. The word "enough" is not usable when it comes to our faith. Something to think about.

Roh

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:58 am