Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+7
Roh
hannahlee
gracekimm.
seankim
Joseph
Karen
fobsquad
11 posters

devotions for thee...

fobsquad

devotions for thee... Empty devotions for thee...

Post  fobsquad Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm

hey guys, sorry for not being a part of the devotions... here they are for thee! this is what i have sent to the teachers as well, as we are doing devotions as well...

hey guys,
    how are you doing? here is my devos for today! hope your weeks are going well!
    what i read: Hebrews 13
    what i learned: so yesterday, it was all about Jesus, it was all about keeping our eyes on Jesus. Today as i was reading, the writer makes this comment to keep on loving each other as brother. he says to do this by: not forgetting to 'entertain strangers' (i think the writer is intending that we take care of strangers), remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, keep marriage honored. it is as if the last chapter, the writer focused on keeping focused on Christ, and this one, he says as we focus on Christ, to remember those around us as well.
    what i am going to do: you know it is so easy to love God at times, sometimes not, but in our heads we might love God, but it can be so hard to love our neighbour. the writer says a good way to love our neighbour is by experiencing what they experience, also to keep in mind that there are things that I might not experience like being in prison, but I should always remember them and not forget what they are doing. i was trying to think about how i could love my neighbour more. often times a part of loving my neighbour is understanding what they are going through, and being where they are at. this is something i'm going to have to reflect on....
    Karen

devotions for thee... Empty what time is it? IT'S DEVO TIME!

Post  Karen Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:01 pm

hello all Smile

Today's fruit is patience.

Everyday example of patience can be... reading a book that is as thick as a dictionary but you wanna know the ending so badly but be patient and stick with it...waiting for someone to finish with an elliptical so you can go on next...waiting for hot coffee to cool down so you can drink it faster...

Yup they are all examples of patience or lack of. But the bible tells us what we our patience should be like. 2 Thessalonians 1:4 - among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. Through hardship and struggles we should be patient for our growth.

God shows his patience as well. 2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. that's totally off-the-chart-super-patience, if you ask me. I mean who can actually wait and be patient until the whole world repents? well...GOD CAN. and if we take a token of his image and apply it in our lives, i'm sure we'll be acceptably glorifying our God...

Amen.

See you all tonight!

Karen
    Joseph

devotions for thee... Empty Re: devotions for thee...

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:05 am

Wuddup team.
    Good meeting today, man my hands so sore from coloring the sratch and win cards. But it was so fun.
    So anyways, today i did my devos on 1 timothy.

Timothy 1:5

"The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good consicence and a sincere faith"

I have pretty much have the same idead what julia talked about. Faith is so important. We all need faith in order to have a relationship with God. To have faith, you need to have love, which leads to pure heart. As it says in verse 5, it mentioned about love, pure heart, and faith. Faith is also trust, belief, but remember it is also love.

In the bible it also mentioned a faith as small as a mustard seed is same thing of having faith big as tree. Small faith and big faith doesnt matter, its either having 100% faith or o% faith. We all believe in God 100% not 99%. So we should also have full faith in God, and not little faith.

AMEN.......
    seankim

Post  seankim Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 am

1 Timothy 1:3-11

"The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith."

I like this verse because it is showing us the reason why GOD gives us his rules not because he wants to, but because he cares and in this verse, it also benefits us. It's like how our parents give us all those stupid rules but its only for our benefit. I think this is really important to excercise in our lives because, even though it may seem like nag or just annoying, it's for us and we should be thankful about it
    gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 am

sorry i didnt come out to todays meeting
    esther, james, can you tell me what i need to do and if i need to bring anything to our station ?
    man, im praying for a fast recovery.... and also the clothes are being shipped tomorrow
    can anyone be there to pick it up?

so im still dizzy, and i really need sleep so im just going to put down what i read today.... rho's text woke me up Razz
    Proverbs 10:29
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:46 am

Titus 2

7 And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.

I loved the second half of this verse. "Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching."
    I've heard people say things like, "Let your actions reflect what you say", etc. but I think while we nod our heads in agreement whenever we hear it, we let ourselves off easy when we are hypocritical with our actions because the rest of the world doesn't treat it as such a big deal. You haven't much to lose. But this verse brings about a different perspective that says, the way that you act will be directly reflective of how much you really care about your Christian faith. It might sound tough, but it's so true. If you really care for God's Word, you'll devote much of yourself to it, and try your best to carry out in your daily life. It's when something translates to action that you know someone cares about something. I know that sometimes this can be really hard to do, but I'd really like to try to work on incorporating what I learn into my daily actions and allowing my actions to be really indicative of a good Christian believer.

- H
    Roh

Post  Roh Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 am

Titus 2:

In this chapter, Paul gave different sets of instructions to older men, older women, young men, and slaves. The general theme of his instructions were though, live freely from sin and in a way that honours God. It wasn't "don't do this, don't do that," but rather, just general instructions on what pleases the Lord with one's lifestyle.

Verse 11 & 14:
    "For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people...He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

It was God who allowed us to have this very life in the first place. It was meant to be sin-free and we were meant to be committed to doing good deeds. But it's sin that gets in our way and stops us from living for God completely. Verse 12 and 13 also say to turn away from godless and sinful pleasures, but rather live with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God. I feel like sometimes we know the answers to situations but we give into our sinful nature or commitment to God.

Sorry I didn't post a couple of times guys! I didn't miss any...just been emailing my devos but not posting them. I will keep track and post them here though!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 am

I read Mark 9 today, and verse 23 stood out for me. "Everything is possible for him who believes." I guess this verse was really empowering because I think it was today that it really hit me that we're leaving in less than a week. With everything that needs to get done, I'm starting to feel anxious and even worried for missions as I always am. So, this verse was really good for me to read today, because I definitely don't want to get all stressed out about this amazing opportunity for us to spread God's love.
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:40 am

hi hi hi👅
    so sad i missed the meeting today
    but i heard it was a really productive one!
    nice
    i must say, family time wasnt too bad
    i actually sort of enjoyed myself
    haha

anyways today i continued reading 2 thessalonians 2
    this passage was about standing firm

it was a really encouraging passage
    i was reminded that i was chosen by God to be saced by the Sprit and through the truth.
    he wanted me to share in the glory of the Lord.
    so we are told that we must stand firm and hold to the teachings.

then it says this,
    and i want to share this with everyone for some good encouragement and hope

"may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."

i had a rough morning today and so i had a bad start to my day
    but reading this really lifted my spirits, just before i end today!
    its amazing how God really knows what you need...

anyways i look forward to seeing everyone on saturday!
    jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:11 am

hello! Smile
    i read, Romans 6:13
    what this verse meant to me was that you shouldn't try to do anything sinful anytime but instead try to always act in God and show the love and compassion that God shows us to the people around us. This would compel others to want to get to know Christ like we do and yearn for this wonderful relationship that God has priveledged us with. You know how at the native reserve we should especially mind our actions towards the kids because they tell the kids alot, yet i don't think we should be too hesitant or cautious because maybe they would get the feeling that we weren't opening up to them and being ourselves to them, and they may think "why should i open up to them?" when that is a very big and important part of this whole trip right? haha so i think that a good mix of minding our actions yet being open and ourselves to the children would result to an amazing VBS I love you i think this will be one of my difficulties up there and i will pray about that Razz hahaha
    have awesome rest-of-the-weeks please! bom
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 pm

hi team rendeer

Warning Against False Teachers of the Law
    1 TIMOTHY 1:3-11

v4 "These promote controversies rather than God's work-which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith"

In the first passage talked about spreadig the Word inappropraitely. When we dont grow in faith or we start to slip further away from God, we tend to slip away from his path/such as beliving more in proving miracles with science. we must continue to educate ourselves in learning about god and teaching others the correct meanings of the bible and God's word.

v8 "We know that the law is good if one uses it properly"

The second half was a bit overwehelming for me. It talked about how the law was not meant for people who were the righteous but for those who commited 'great' crimes. When i was reading out the list of crimes, some of them were stuff we commited as well, even though were christians; like liars. So during those times it was considered 'unholy' but now it's accepted and not really thought of? Are more and more crimes being accpeted because time are changing? Rolling Eyes I dont really think so. The things that dont seem as bad like lying to murdering are actually on the same level. A sam said before in his sermons, sin is sin. There is no ranks that sin is catogorized in, we must differentiate the laws made in this world, and the laws made by god.

have a great day guys!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm