Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+9
esthershim
Roh
Admin
yena.an
hannahlee
Jacobpk
gracekimm.
crys.kim
Joseph
13 posters

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Joseph Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:11 am

Hello team, good job with devos, im learning so much from your devos.....keep it up....

For todays devotion, i decided to do on proverbs. I read chapters 1-5. But i want to talk about chapter 2. In this passage, God is telling us a message, a message about wisdom. People may ask what is wisdom, well to me, wisdom is a gift you recieve from God. It is a gift that will bring you great happiness in your life and also in this world. Im not sure if you agree with me, but thats what i think. So reading through this passage kind of hit the spot. I would always ask my self, do i have wisdom. I believe i have wisdom because i have been praying for wisdom, and i believe that God has given me wisdom. We all have wisdom, every single one of us. How do you know, well we are saved everday from christ, and that is wisdom. Wisdom protects us from our enemies. Also, as we do our daily devotions, that is wisdom. Showing that you want to learn more about the bible, and thats wisdom. In verse 10-12 it says, " For wisdom will enter your hearts, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. .Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Wisdom will save you from the wicked of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse". I found this passage full of wisdom, it makes me feel safe. That once wisdom enters your heart and into your soul, you will have nothing to worry about. And thats why God says not to worry. If we worry, what good will it do. Nothing right? It just makes everything worse. God says we shall not worry because as long you have me, you will always be happy. im sure there are some of you who worry about something, including my self. Such as school, career, etc. Dont worry about it, always think about the postive and never the negative. If we think about the postive, then the Lord has given you wisdom. Wisdom is good, so keep this in your minds, got it? Ok, so thats what i learned...ill be talking more about wisdom soon.....to be continued....

AMEN......................

have an awesome day guys, and remember wisdom......

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    crys.kim

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  crys.kim Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:18 am

hey everyone Shocked
    that face is so cute
    anyways
    so today in london the weather man said 100% precipitation
    so for the first time ever, i was fully prepared with an umbrella
    but then it never rained
    hahaha

today i read ephesians 2
    again, there were two parts to this chapter

the first part was about being made alive in christ. paul tells us that we were dead in our sins and by the ways we lived following the ways of the world. however by God's great love, mercy, and grace we were made alive with Christ. through my daily readings, i keep being reminded that we were made alive by God's love, mercy, and grace. and today paul tells us that his grace is a gift of God. Lastly he says "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." when God created us, he had a plan for us- his perfect and good plan. and as God's creation, we were made alive in christ and we were blessed with many things that we do not deserve. we should live everyday thanking the lord for what he has done for us, and living with the purpose that God planned for us.

the second part was about being one in christ. paul says that in christ, all the barriers, the "dividing wall of hostility" were taken down and we were made one and made peace. And we have access to the Father by one Spirit through Christ. I thought about this and how we were made one, thus creating peace. looking around the world today, it is hard to find traces of unity or peace with all the hostility and hatred existing in our lives. but we were made one through christ and he taught us peace. even if the world seems broken, peace needs to start somewhere. i guess it could start with us. it can start with showing peace to each other, then showing it to the natives. and at moosedeer, the community is struggling. by showing peace and encouraging "one-ness" they will understand unity and God's plan to bring everyone together in Christ. at the end of this chapter paul says "in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." im not entirely sure but i think he was talking to the saints in Ephesus collectively (according to the beginning of this book). but i thought about it and came to a conclusion that perhaps, we, personally, should build ourselves so that we become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. you know what i mean?.. haha

so yup thats it for today
    hope tomorrows a bright and sunny day
    yay its friday
    yeye toronto tomorrow
    gracekimm.

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  gracekimm. Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:51 am

heey team ! Smile
    i did my french exam today.....and i dont know if i did so good :/
    one more to go ! hahahaha

okay so today, im going to take a break from spiritual disciplines.
    i was looking through some verses that i highlighted in my bible. Things that stood out to me in the past and verses that were important to me at the time. It's funny, looking back, it never means the same thing. I always learn something new, no matter how many times i read the same verse. Thats something itruly find amazing about the bible!

So about a year ago, I had a close friend introduce me to these two verses
    Jeremiah 29:11 and Habakkuk 1:5.
    They are pretty similar to one another.
    I find great comfort and hope for the future when i read these two verses. It talks about how God promises a good future for us, and how He will do amazing things in our lifetime that we would never be able to believe even if we were told. It has God telling us that He will never abandon us, or keep us in harship and leave us hanging there on our own. That He will pull us through and we will get our reward in the end.

Personally, these two verses pulled me through A LOT in the past year or so.
    I went through A LOT of struggles and hardships. Things that many of my mentors and other brothers and sisters in Christ never had to go through until they were much older than i was. All of it, lead me to Mil Al church.
    For the past 3 years of my life, ive been going to Vision X retreat every year. Every time i go, im always blessed, I learn new things, meet new people... and when im there... its almost like a dream. It feels like nothing can go wrong and everything is holy and good. But then you go home,reality hits. Everytime i return home from Vision x, a new line of struggles come my way,but i know that i will always struggle and that is what brings me closer to God.
    I remember after vx 2008, my parents told me some shocking news. I had been attending Keunbit (LKPC) for a few years, and all of a sundden, they told me i was moving churches. That was one of the hardest things in my life. From a church where my youth was 200+ people in size, my parents moved me to a church that had 30 if not less people. So many things in the church went wrong and i didnt want to be there. And to top it all off, a billion other things felt like was tumbling down on me at the same time. Things got so hard, and i started to crack. I was the kind of person who endured pain and struggle on my own. I can hide any emotion if i want to without having people suspicious about me. I gave up on that when it came to be to much. I had a friend who God sent to me whenever i needed support the most. It was wierd, i told him nothing, and yet he knew everything. This friend would come to me when i needed someone the most ,and would know EXACTLY what to say even if i didnt say anything. He introduced me to these 2 verses.

Reading them, it reminds me of my struggles, how they brang me closer to God and how they pulled me through in those tough times. It also helps me remember that i should hang in there, because in the end, there is my reward. These verses help me through a tough time, and i just keep reminding myself these words.

"For I know the plans I have for you. Declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    "Look at the nations and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not beleive, even if you were told."
    Jacobpk
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 am

Pretty sick Grace, it got me thinking aswell.
    When all things go wrong, we BLAME God, and we also put him LAST.
    WHen good things happen, usually we don't thank God first.
    If God is our Centre, what's so hard about looking toward him, thanking him and all these things?
    Is it because we can't feel see God with our eyes and hands?
    I remember Denise said "Let's trust in Faith over Facts"
    That's crazy right? Why would you put somehting you CAN see over something you can't?
    I've learned that Jesus IS the Truth, so putting my faith in him is something like a fact. Jesus created facts haha.
    We shouldn't put God FIRST, BUT Let him be the Center of our lives. Let him BE our Lives.
    I really like this equation.
    God minus Life = Zero
    Something to share haha.
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 am

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
    1 John 3:18

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Haha.
    I think this is SO important for us to remember on a daily basis. The whole world has an idea for what "Christianity" is, as entire countries finds themselves participating in our Christian holidays, like Christmas and Easter, on an annual basis, whether or not everybody serves our God. So to proclaim the goodness of God is nowhere near enough to allow people to understand Him, because everyone thinks they've heard it all before. Rather, we need to allow our actions to distinguish us from everybody else. Allow our actions to be the truth. And I realized it's far beyond just being "nice" on a regular basis, because whole groups of non-believers are "nice". It's allowing God's wisdom and Christ-like qualities to transcend into the way you live your life. So for example, even if somebody has done something really silly that even a "nice" person would blow up about, remember the Christ that gave second chances to the prostitutes and tax collectors, and approach them with an open heart when no one else will.

That being said, it's still great to love with words, but only if they're accompanied by corresponding actions! Smile

Two more days until Saturday! Whoowhoo.

- H
    yena.an

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Devoooo

Post  yena.an Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:16 am

Hey everyone What a Face
    i hope everyone's day has been gooooood flower

okay, so today i read Psalm 51:7...
    "Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow"

It was such a great verse, and it made me think. A LOT. I decided to read from a devotional book today, and a comparison was made between a white shirt and snow. No matter how white the shirt is, it will never compare to the snow. Likewise, we will never compare to GOD's purity. Even though we think that we are different from other men and we are "pure-er" we are filthy next to GOD. Only through Jesus can we reach that purity. When I read this verse I thought it meant that we had to rely on GOD that much more, because without HIM, we can never be holy, or saved. After reading this verse, I prayed to GOD that He would wash me, so that I can be whiter than snow as well.albino

yena.an pig
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:19 am

I read Romans 8 today, and a particular verse is about God giving up His precious Son in order to save the sinful people that we all are. Then, the passage went on to say that, since God even sacrificed His Son for our sake, why wouldn't He bless us with everything, even the little things. Basically, this week, I've been realizing that it doesn't hurt to expect great things from God because He is so capable of providing us with so much. So long as we live our lives with Him by our side and trust Him with everything, God will not stop in his endless grace and blessings for us.

Congrats for those of you that are finally done school.
    Woo!

So excited for Saturday Smile
    Roh

Post  Roh Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:48 am

Everyone's been using these emoticons, so I'm gonna try it out (although by me saying all that it defeats the purpose of using them but...oh well. I talk too much sometimes. pig I like this one. I don't know why.

I read Ephesians 3 today.

I really liked this one verse: "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

I want to rewrite that verse like this: "God is able to accomplish infinitely more than we might as or think."

Sometimes we ask for things. Sometimes we don't ask, but have certain expectations in our heads. Do you ever have that moment though, when God just gives you things that you don't ask for, or gives you something way beyond your expectations? It's too bad though, cause a lot of these moments go unnoticed. That's why it seems more like God isn't listening to us, because we usually pay attention to the times that God doesn't give us things, rather than the times that God graciously gave us so much. And what is grace? It's giving without expecting anything in return. We usually lack in terms of what we give God. Yet, we still want so much.

Remember that God can achieve an infinite number of things. Don't underestimate him, but rather pick out the little moments where he was there for you. When you are complaining about why everything sucks, he's already planned a million good things for you.

Pray until something happens.

Roh
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:21 am

Psalms 30:6-7
    "When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." O Lord, when you favored me, you make my mountain stand strong."
    Wasnt that quote "I will never be shaken" from a song? When i read the verse it made me feel safe and secure. But we are reminded quite frequently about how God cares for us and makes us feel loved, and it doesnt really affect us and we dont really take the time to think about it. We should get that stuck in our brains,that God is always there for us through every up and down.

I want to be reminded and be grateful of what God does for us.

Sorry, the devo was short,
    and hope everyone did gooood on their exams!
    jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 am

Hey team! bounce

I read-> Proverbs 15:15-"All the days of the oppressed are wretched,
    but the cheerful heart has a continuous feast."

This verse stuck out to me, because i thought of how pesimistic people are sometimes. There is so much to be thankful for, and God has given us so much i don't think we can have a reason to be very negative. Even through our hardships we should trust God and have a cheerful and hopeful attitude because having that attitude will bring joy to your life constantly and make it a "continuous feast", instead of wretched, weary days of the negative that don't have hope and don't truely trust God. So just having that attitude and truting God would give you a more joy-filled life! I don't really know how to explain it but in my mind i get it! Very Happy I really like this verse. I don't know how to explain it, but i do. haha

Hope you have wonderful fridays! I'm going on Behemoth (pray for me!)
    kidding. it's one of the best rides ever! cheers
    RoK

Post  RoK Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:30 am

im using the wii to type this up.
    honestly this is going to take forever so im going to keep this as short as possible

ill type it tommorow doing this on the wii is extreamly difficult
    Jmz_Chung
    Jmz_Chung

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Dee bored Sean

Post  Jmz_Chung Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:34 am

Galations 5 Verse 5
    It was for freedom that christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery

What I got from this:

I always thought to myself: you know, everything happends for a reason so I am just going to wait for it to happen.
    I didn't pray about it, didn't prepare for it...nothing annnd lol as you can probably guess..it got me no where
    As i read this verse it reminded me to just take action and make your own choices according to what you believe is true
    because Jesus gave us this freedom of choice. There is no right or wrong choice, there's just your choice. Always good to
    pray for some guidance. A little prayer never hurt nobody.
    Daniel

DEVOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Devotions

Post  Daniel Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:52 am

Hi...sorry that I didn't do devotions till today...haha...I had some stuff going on this week...so this is s catch up devotion of yesterday

The passage I read today was 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

13. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this verse a lot because it helps me go through hardships that I face in my life. Paul tells us that there will not be any temptation given by God that we cannot handle. However, Paul tells us that God is faithful that he will also provide a way out so that you can go through it, meaning that he will always be with us no matter what happens. There are times when we think that God is not with us when we go through hardships in life. But, this verse tells us that God is always going to be with us and he will provide a way out. So, we might have hardships in our lives right now. It distracts us from God and preparing the mission trip. If you firmly stand on his promise through this verse, I am sure that he will help you go through whatever you are going through and he will provide a way out.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm