Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

5 posters

July 13 DEVOS

hannahlee

July 13 DEVOS Empty July 13 DEVOS

Post  hannahlee Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 am

HOLLA
    I am so tired and it's 9:15pm. I feel like a grandmother.

1 Timothy 4

8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

I really enjoy verse because it wonderfully compares training for godliness to that of physical training, like exercise. We live in a world that emphasizes the importance of regular exercising for a healthy well being, so how much more important must it be for us believers to practice regular spiritual exercise, as well? If you begin to draw parallels, things start clicking in your head: Akin to physical exercise, the more you indulge yourself in the Word on a regular basis, the more easy it will become, and the more your body will come to depend on it, etc. So the more we practice, the better we will get!

12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

Paul is talking to Timothy in these passages, and this verse reminded me of us, as young leaders in our ministry. Our age should not be a detriment to what we do, bc our actions will speak far louder than how old we are, as long as it's grounded in the Word. So let's go out and go get em'! It was a young boy who provided Jesus with the fish and bread to feed the thousands, and the disciples who healed and set people free in Jesus' name were about our age! Think, then, of all the amazing things God is willing to use us for, if we just let Him! Smile

14 Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. 15 Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress.

As members of a team, we are all vital parts of one body. With that in mind, let us take full advantage of our gifts and use them to their fullest potential, as God first intended. It says, throw yourself into your tasks, so never give anything short of your best, and we can do amaaazing things together!

- H
    gracekimm.

July 13 DEVOS Empty Re: July 13 DEVOS

Post  gracekimm. Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

heeeyy team ^^
    man im so tired, im going to bed............. right after this Razz

so today i read proverbs 6 and verse 9 really stood out to me

it says

"How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?"

i think that its saying how God calls us. And He's calling us now. But when He does call us, we shouldnt be lazzy and wait, or say things like "God im not ready... use me later" He called us to do this mission, and we need to act, and let God use us NOW, not later today, next week, in 39 years... NOW!
    We should all be God's tools, and build His kingdom . we need to let Him use us for His will, and be... well useful! hahaha

Let's act for God now and say "God i am here. Use me."

good night everyone and ill see you guys on wednesday!
    Joseph

Post  Joseph Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:33 am

Sup team. So today i read romans 4. It says,

"David says, the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works. "Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whos sins are covered. Blessed is the man whos sin the Lord will never count against him."

So in this verse, i think God is telling us that he does not continue to credit unrighteousness to the sinners who repent, but the Lord forgives them when they confess. It also says that he will bless those who transgressions and forgiven, whose sins are coverd. So what there trying to say is that once Jesus is crucified, he will bring blessing to every one of you. I found this passage most interesting because as it talks about repent, it is also talking about forgiveness. It said the Lord forgives. He only forgives if you confess. Like what sam said on sunday service. He said if you are caught doing something and you apoligize by saying sry. That isnt asking for forgivness. Its just apoligizing, because your probably gano do it again sometime. Asking for forgivness would be some like this. You know you did something wrong doesnt matter if you get caught or not. As long you know you have to ask god for forgiveness, and you do. And when you ask for forgivness, you are actually meaning it. Its in your mind, and you chose to as for forgivness, not when people are forcing you. Do you know what i mean? Anyways, i hope all this make sense to you. So remember the Lord will always forgive you.

AMEN...............

Do you think a gift card from chapters would be a good raffle or prize. Cuz i have one i didnt use yet and it has 25 bucks. Let me know.

ARIGATO.......
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:37 am

yo team
    monday was fun?
    so my family left me today
    just me and my dad
    it was super fun.........
    so bored at home
    but going back to work tomorrow apparently im back to almost being "not-sick"
    i swear im not ready to go back
    meh

so today i started 1 thessalonians 3
    the section i read was paul telling the people that he sent Timothy so that he could strengthen and encourage them in their faith in the hopes that they wouldnt be unsettled by these trials (paul being persecuted). he says that he wanted to find out about the people's faiths because he was afraid that the tempter might have tempted them and made paul's efforts useless.

i read the beginning today and at first i was literally like "..."
    but then it came to me that we all need Timontys in our lives- someone who can strengthen me and encourage me and make sure that i am on the right track with my faith.
    sure your spiritual walk is a personal one. but i definitely think you need the people around you to keep you accountable and to give you that extra push.
    i have people who keep me accountable and i can open up to and i think thats really important for your faith and its growth.
    just like sayah and sam said at the retreat, relationships are important when it comes to faith.
    my hope is that we all have Timothys to make sure our faith is growing and to shower us with encouragement.
    perhaps we can be Timothys for eachother.

but ya....
    i hope work tomorrow's ok
    have a nice day guys!
    yena.an

July 13 DEVOS Empty devo

Post  yena.an Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 am

hey all,
    i've been discovering new music, which makes me SUPER happy Very Happy
    today's passage comes from: Hebrews 13:5
    I will never leave you nor forsake you.

ever get the feeling that every verse that you come across, every sermon you hear, every devo you do all seem to really relate to your life? well, that's how i've been feeling lately. i feel like everything i hear at church or every devotion i do, really affects me in ways it never did before. they all seem so relevant to me at this stage of my life. this verse today, is one of many.
    i have a tendency to worry about things too much, even if they aren't big problems. everything i worry about is blown out of proportion, and i end up stressing over them for hours, days, weeks, and months. in the end i stress myself out, get sick, and breakdown. i've had all kinds of symptoms because i as so stressed....like difficulty breathing and chest pains (which i developed this year during the winter term) :S
    during these times i forget that I have God. God protects me and cares for me, so really, there is NOTHING to worry about. I am learning that now. I guess these verses have been coming up a lot lately because once isnt enough to teach me not to worry. God knows how much i worry and stress, and I think He wanted to really teach me to rely on Him, through the retreat, Sam's sermons, and devotions. He gives me different problems to face each day, and each day I learn to rely on Him more and more. And everytime, He provides.

yena.an pig

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 pm