Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+6
seankim
crys.kim
hannahlee
Admin
Roh
Karen
10 posters

Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :)

Karen

Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :) Empty Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :)

Post  Karen Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:56 pm

I read Genesis 6 about the flood.

Noah was an ordinary and faithful man. God chose Noah for his righteousness and obedience. I'm sure God is using us to go to MDP just like God chose Noah. Ofcourse it's not as over dramatic with the entire flood and we dont' have to build an ark on the mountain top, but we are going on a battlefield with the devil and we have God on ourside. Noah was barked at, people shunned him and thought he was a loon, and i don't think we have to deal with any of that. Time to time, we complain about things we have to do and easily discouraged by the society and people around us. But, let's try to be like Noah and do it with joy.

have a good one people!! afro
    Roh

Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :) Empty Re: Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :)

Post  Roh Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:58 am

Hey everyone! I read 2 Timothy 2 today, continuation from yesterday...

I feel like this chapter continues from yesterday in focusing on letting us know what Christians "should" be like. Yesterday, Paul reminded us that we weren't meant to be timid and shy about our relationship with God, but rather bold. Today, he reminds us that we're supposed to be hard-workers. Like the verse you mentioned, we're supposed to be soldiers, not civilians. He gives the analogies of farmers and atheletes. Farmers don't get good crop unless they put hard work into it. And athletes don't win unless they follow the rules. In the same sense, we don't serve God and further his kingdom unless we actually put hard work into it. Verses 11 to 13 give us assurance. Paul isn't giving us an ultimatum here, saying "Serve God with all that you have, or else..." Rather, he's encouraging us. He's giving us a bird's eye view and letting us know that God is our only hope and that we're nothing without Him. So it's worth the work.

Keep up with your devos and come tomorrow READY TO WORK HARD!

Roh
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:11 am

Hi everyone, I read Numbers 15 today, and verse 39 really stuck out for me. "When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Lord instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do." A lot of people lose hope in God when they notice all of the bad things that happen in the world. For instance, when we see violence or deaths of innocent people, we often ask, "What is God doing? Where is He?". This chapter and the specific verse reminds us to remember all the great things that God does in our lives and never lose hope or faith in Him. Sometimes, it is very hard to understand God's purpose in bringing sadness and loss into our lives. However, reminding ourselves of all the amazing things God puts into our lives will hopefully keep us faithful in everything that He does.
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:14 am

2 Timothy 2

3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.
    15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

So, what I learned most from today's passage was the importance of being the best soldier for Christ that I can be. You know, oftentimes I find that people act like we're doing God a favour by choosing to be Christians, while everyone else in this world goes about their sinful ways, when in reality, we were created with the sole purpose of worshiping our God. It's our one task for our time here on earth, and it's indisputable, so this verse reminded me that there's a lot of responsibility that comes with that. It changes things when we begin to introduce the idea of being the soldier to God, our commanding officer - it's a different kind of relationship, but I like how these passages challenged me to start considering it like that too. We're the workman and he's our boss. When you're "hired" by somebody, you do the best we can do, so why don't we do that too, in our Christian "job responsibilities" like staying in the Word, etc.?

I also liked these passages bc I think far too often, we read about God lowering Himself and assuming the positions of a servant and stuff, and it's almost like we begin to buy into that - that God is "supposed" to be the one who just always understands when we go out and do stupid things, that He's "supposed" to be this meak and humble character who will love us no matter what we do - and sometimes we begin to put ourselves 'above' Him, by taking advantage of His grace. We mix it up. When you're at work, you don't go about taking advantage of your boss or you'll get creamed! So what makes us think we can try to pull these things with our God, who's not only our "boss" in some perspectives, but the most understanding and loving boss you could ever ask for? So this was a good reminder for me that WE are the lowly ones, who need to really straighten up and do our best to work for our God.

EXCITED FOR TOMORROW Smile

- H
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:24 am

hi everyone What a Face
    this face is strange
    but yay saturday tomorrow!!!
    no work! yes!!!

so today i started 2 thessalonians
    it was about thanksgiving and prayer

it seemed as though recently, a lot of my devos have been about giving thanks and continuing to pray.
    perhaps it is something i am not doing enough of right now..
    or perhaps God is just emphasizing its importance as we're getting close and closer to our departure.

regardless, i have been getting told to give thanks and pray.
    i should rely on God more in all areas of my life- whether it be school or family or friends or church or work etc.
    just praying or even just talking about it with God, even when there isn't a problem, is something i should do more of.
    ya just talking with God. i need to do this.

at the end of this chapter it says
    "we pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."
    ya i want to pray and talk with God so that his name may be glorified in me.

see you all tomorrow Smile
    seankim

Post  seankim Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:19 am

Hi guys, just got back from basic. Am pooped and my mom won't let me stay on longer, I did my devos though
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:47 am

i ran into trouble making the scratchcards but we'll figure that out on saturday? Cool

GALATIONS 1:6-10
    I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel -- which is really no gospel at all"

I dont have alot of time, but what i learned is that people REALLY DO easily turn from God. We are so easily doubting God and turning away from Him, but why? Why are we turning from our God that we should have so much faith in? From Sam's sermon, when he talked about having faith and having doubts along with it; it's having doubts that help our faith grow at times. It helps build our knowledge and following that, our faith. am i right?Smile

and a verse that stood out to me:
    "Am I now trying to win the apporoval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ"

hope to see you all on saturday!
    Joseph

Post  Joseph Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 am

Romans 9
    Verse 6 says,

"It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descending from israel are israel."

So in this passage i was thinking,when God speaks to me, sometime i dont listen. God sends out messages to you all the time, but we wont listen. For example) When we know that doing this or that is a sin, but you cant help it and your in that tight situation when you would think aobut it for a second. But in the end you chose to do the sin. That is when we ignore Gods message. At that moment God is helping you to walk away from the sin. But we chose to ignore it. Another thing i learned from this passage, that for some of you, im sure we give up easily. For ex) When i have to pray but im like really tired, i would just pray quikly so i can get it over with. That shows that i give up easily, i was to lazy to pray to God, and i felt so ashamed. So every time i pray, i would think about God and never give up. Having God on your side makes feel strong. I would always feel protected.

AMEN...........
    Jmz_Chung
    Jmz_Chung

Devotioneeeeeeeeeeeezie :) Empty Devo

Post  Jmz_Chung Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 am

Hey yall, how yall doin?

ITE, devo comes from- Deuteronomy 30 verse 1
    When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come upon you and you take them to heart where ever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations

I found this to be very interesting because i realized that everyone that is situated on earth is situated at that particular time and space for a reason. i mean, i might know some one who lives in the same building as me, goes to the same school as me, and has all the classes that i do but the blessings and curses we receive from the LORD are different. I always would be like 'oh look at me and what i go through' but i have to realize that hard times come for everyone. so i just want to pray that i may not be all like "why me why me why me" when i feel down in the future but instead, take it to heart.
    Amen.
    gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:14 pm

hey team !
    sorry i didnt post for the past 2 days....
    i was at my cousins house all weekend cause of BASIC confrence, and they dont have internet right now
    so ill post up today Smile

so this one is from a verse that was pointed out to me at BASIC actually, and i felt like it had to do with our missions .
    for those who went probably know what im talking about

so its Hebrews 11:10
    it talks about a city where the architect is God. He is the foundation of that city.
    The eternal city= heaven right ?
    and what is our purpose in this earth? it is to help grow the eternal city
    we are here, as tools for God to use, and it is to spread the word and to help God's city grow. He loves each and every one of us, He created us, and He wants us in His city.
    I think thats also a reason why we're going up to the reserve.
    it is to go there, and to plant seeds in these kids, and to help them meet and grow in Christ by showing them God's love and sympathy, and compassion through our words and actions. We are helping these kids get into God's eternal city.
    God matters in the city, and the city matters to God.

love you team!
    keep praying and ill see you guys soon Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:04 pm