Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+2
Admin
Joseph
6 posters

DEVOTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph

DEVOTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty DEVOTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Joseph Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 am

Sup team, hope your weeks are super! So today i read Matthew 5.

So in this passage it talks about blessing. And i think verse 8 brings out a good point. It says Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. When i read this verse the word "pure in heart" stuk up to me. When it means by pure heart is saying that we must have a clean soul, if wr wont to meet God. So im guessing no sins or anything. What i mean by that is not the kind of sins, such as steal, murder, lie, etc. I mean the way you think in your mind. Before you do a sin, for example stealing you would think about it, correct. And the way you think is important. And God will always know the way you think. Just like in the book of Isaiah 14 verse 13, it says You said in your heart, i will ascend to heaven, i will raise my throne above the stars of God, i will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountatin. in this verse, satan is talking inside his mind. Satan use to be an angel right, and in his mind he wanted to be more powerful than God. There were three angels named, Michael, gabriel, and lucifer. Im not sure if i spelt it right, but Lucifer is the one who wanted to be more powerful than God, then his named changed to Luciel. But then God sent him down to darkness and his name was satan. This shows that satan sinned by using his thoughts. So the real sin comes from the mind. If we think first before we do anything, than we shall not sin. So keep this in your minds, the real sin comes from your thoughts.

AMEN......

have a good day everyone...
    Admin
    Admin

DEVOTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: DEVOTION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Admin Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:47 am

I read Genesis 11 today, and it was about Abraham's father who settled in Haran, without continuing on to the Promise Land. I read about Abraham yesterday, and it was nice to find out more about how different Abram was. As I wrote last night, Abram believed that he could not go any further because he wasn't sure of himself and his capabilities. As believers, I think we all experience this emotion at one point or another. When we are struggling or leading a group of people to a certain goal, we do question ourselves and the chances of us succeeding in reaching that goal. Sometimes, we end up not going all the way, but stopping in the middle of our journey because we don't have faith in ourselves. When you take a step back and look at this situation, it should be clear that sometimes we don't reach our goal because we look at our own power rather than God's.

When we are believers, we need to put God first and us last. Same thing with the trust we put into people: we must put our trust in God first in order to have the confidence that we can do anything with God on our side. In the Bible, there are so many miracles that occurred because of God working through Jesus, who had complete faith and trust in Him. For example, Lazarus was dead, but Jesus brought him back to life through prayer and healing. With God, clearly one can make something impossible be possible. So, although Abram did not learn this when he was supposed to travel to the Promise Land, I hope that we can learn from his life and decide to put our faith in God in everything that we do. Then, we can make visions that we know can be accomplished.
    Roh

Post  Roh Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:58 am

Zechariah 14:9

"The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name."

Sometimes it's easy to forget about God. When things are going well, sometimes we leave God out of the picture. When things are going bad, we also tend to ignore God and try to work things out ourselves. But what really matters in the end? God's name is what matters in the end. At the end of the day, we are at the bottom and God is at the top. At the end of the day, God wins. It's like that song..."Save the Last Dance for Me"...It's about a guy asking his significant other to remember who she's going home with so no matter how much fun she has with others and what not, she needs to remember to save the last dance for him. But instead of saving our last dance for God, let's reserve every one of them for him, for he deserve our commitment.

Roh
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 am

hey you guys bounce
    gahhhhh
    i was soooooo bored today
    i did absolutely nothing, i kid you not, actually nothing
    i should seriously do something tomorrow
    guyssss play with meeee
    haha

anyways today i read philippians 3
    i must be honest... i felt like i didnt get much out of today's passage
    but ill try my best to suck something out of this

so in the first part, paul just warns us to be careful of those around us who do evil and that we were the chosen ones. but more importantly paul says that whatever he has is far less than konwing Christ. knowing Christ is much greater than anything he has and that he can lose all, even his life, if it means he gains Christ.
    i thought about this and realized that this is how i should view my life. i should realize the greatness of knowing Christ and be readily willing to throw everything away for that purpose. There are so many things that i want to hold onto, my family, my friends, my relationships, my possessions... my life. But they should all mean nothing compared to knowing Christ. Like paul, we should be willing to lose all if it means gaining Christ.

the next part talks essentially about perseverance. paul tells us that we should not dwell on the past but keep working for the future.
    i think this is really important for us- for missions and for our lives. i know we have had bumps here and there during our preparation this year. but they all worked out and we should continue working to make whats to come better. and at the reserve im sure we will run into situations that will challenge our patience and perseverance. but we should look past all those things and continue to move forward. of course there will be times when moving on will be hard. but it says that when we have trouble, God will make clear what we are supposed to do. we can always rely on God and he will help us through our struggles.

hmmm
    i hope tomorrow will be a little more exciting than today was
    actually pretty much anything would be better than today
    im really proud of you guys who are keeping up with the devos
    yay!
    RoK

Post  RoK Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:08 am

sorry I havn't been posting for a while.

Hebrews: 12

Umm, I promise by the end of the week I'll type it all up cause I'm on the ECA stack right now and It really messed with my head. It basically thins your blood and causes your heart to beat faster to burn alot of calories, as well as creates and aneretic effect.

I'm just trying it out but it doesn't seem to go so well so I'll do something later.

raining all week...but i don't care i'm playing tennis today
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:48 am

sorry, i had VBS and it was a little bit HECTIC

my devo:

Final Greetings
    1 Peter 5:12-14
    "Peace to all of you who are in Christ"
    This verse stood out to me mainly because of the word 'peace'. Peace? what defines peace? So i looked it up and i got: 'PEACE is a term that most commonly refers to an absence of aggression, violence or hostility, but which also represents a larger concept wherein there are healthy or newly-healed interpersonal or international relationships, safety in matters of social or economic welfare, the acknowledgment of equality and fairness in political relationships and, in world matters, peacetime; a state of being absent of any war or conflict.' but the word peace that God is refering to isnt just the wikipedia term. It's the gift of comfort that he bestowed on us, he gave us this form of pure happiness; and that is peace. Peace cannot be defined fully in a dictionary or on wikipedia, we must experience to know what it feels like, and its rewardness. Having peace is so special but in the verse, it says that peace is given to ALL to believe in God. So when we belive in Him, God gives us such a wonderfully terrific gift in us that we dont really deserve. He loves us so much that he is willing, AND gave to us a small bit of his glory, and that is....PEACE!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm