Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

3 posters

monday's devos

Admin
    Admin

monday's devos Empty monday's devos

Post  Admin Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 am

I read Hebrews 11 today, and verse 8 really stuck out to me. It says, "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." When God called Abraham to go to the Promise Land in Canaan, he didn't know what it was like there or what God's purpose was in sending him. However, solely with his faith, Abraham was able to trust in God and be certain that God's sending him had to have an important purpose. The thing is, Abraham's father was unable to do this because he settled in Haran and didn't want to take any risks in following God without being sure that everything will be okay.

So many people in the Bible were called to do certain things. Sometimes, they knew what they were getting themselves into. However, sometimes, they didn't have a clue in what to expect or why God had chosen them to do His will. When we honestly put ourselves in Abraham's shoes, can we say that we could be like him- take a huge risk by traveling somewhere foreign because God said to do so? This is what I feel: Abraham's father was a believer who trusted in God to a certain extent. By no means was he a nonbeliever just because he settled in Haran. But, Abraham was someone who was more than that. Abraham knew that God was always planning things for him to do, and trusted that, wherever he went or in whatever he did, God would be with him. Abraham was someone who stretched his faith and love for God by humbling himself and not worrying about anything.

From today's devos, I learned that reading the Bible and knowing the individuals from the Bible help me to be a growing and striving Christian.
    crys.kim

monday's devos Empty Re: monday's devos

Post  crys.kim Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 am

hello everyone cat
    hope everyone had a good day today!
    mine was kind of boring... but i met up with susie and my other friends from high school
    that was fun

so today i read philippians 2
    it was reaaaaaaaally good

so the first part was titled "imitating Christ's humility." sounds good already right?
    i really really want to share this one section with you guys so here it is

"if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."

i really liked this. i felt as though this is how we should think and act during this missions trip. by being united with Christ and with the comfort we have from his love and the fellowship withe the Spirit and with tenderness and compassion, we should be like-minded with the same love and be one in spirit and purpose. with the right reason and with humility think others better than ourselves and put others before us- with a Christ-like attitude.

then the section continues to describe what Jesus was like- he made himself nothing taking the nature of a servant, humbled himself, and became obedient even to death. but because he was like this, God put him to the highest place and exalted him. to be like Jesus, we should make ourselves nothing. it is really hard to do this. as humans we naturally think highly of ourselves. but Jesus was the son of God, yet he lowered himself and served others. lets try to humble ourselves and serve others with a loving heart.

the next section was titled "shining as stars." this section was really short but it still had a very important message. paul tells us to obey and continue to work because it is God who works in us to act according to his purpose. i think sometimes i forget that God is the one working through me. i always know that what i do is for God's purpose and plan and to bring glory to his name. and that i am willing and wanting to do what i do because of the love and grace God showed me. but i should also remember that God works in me for is plan and purpose- the work i do is God's work.

also paul reminds us to do everything without complaining or arguing so that we may be pure and blameless children of God who shine like stars in the universe. this was quite poetic i must say haha. but its so easy to complain. but if we remember what Christ went through, what we are going through is nothing. what we do is really important- the vbs we plan, the events we prepare, the fundraiser we host. but how we do these things is even more important. to shine like stars, we must remain pure, and to do this, we must do what we're doing willingly without complaints.

hope you all have a good day tomorrow!
    if any of you need to talk or need prayer or need encouragement, let me know
    im here for you guys
    jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:11 am

Hello! Very Happy
    Today i read Luke 10:38-42
    We are distracted alot of the times by many things other then God, trying to please him with our actions, when actually, we are ignoring his presence and what he is saying when all you need to do is sit and listen to what God as to say and follow his word. Sometimes God is right there and we forget that. In our lives we are busy and sometimes forget to think or acknowledge God that day, when he's there waiting for us and loving us. God gave us everything and we should try to give him our best for him for all of our lives. To try our best to create a two-way relationship.
    Have a great week/Canada Day!
    sunny

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm