Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+4
yena.an
Joseph
Karen
fobsquad
8 posters

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!!

fobsquad

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!! Empty hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!!

Post  fobsquad Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Hey guys!
    hope you are doing well! just wanted to update you guys on my devotions:
    what i read: James 2
    what i learned: i concentrated most of my time on beginning part of
    the chapter which deals with favoritism. James writes that the church
    was specifically showing favoritism to the rich and neglecting the
    poor, more importantly he says that the church was discriminating the
    poor. i was thinking about this and was thinking that we often
    discriminate not only the poor, but the unpopular, the left out, and
    at times different cultures as well. i was thinking what causes
    discrimnation for me. sometimes for me it is insecurity, sometimes it
    is something that has happened in the past that makes me feel a
    certain way towards a person or group of people.
    what i am going to do: learn to love and God loves. James talks about
    loving your neighbor as yourself in verse 8 without favoritism. James
    actually calls favoritism a sin... intense!
    Karen

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!! Empty YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Post  Karen Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 pm

"Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men." (Titus 3: 1, 2 NIV)

Am I ready to go to MDP? Probably not. Will I ever be ready? probably not. but I know that God uses imperfect, unready people like me to do His good will. I know, he's just using my body as a tool to do His will. But I'm ready to serve. I'm ready to do things His way and not mine.

I'm really excited and kinda nervous to go, with all the uncertainties and problems not solvedness. But this is where my faith comes in to place and if i tremble now, i know alot more people will be at sake. And I know by the grace of God that the spiritual warfare and all that will be not even a problem because i know tha tGod is on our side. so Am i ready to serve? YUP!

Karen
    Joseph

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!! Empty Re: hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!!

Post  Joseph Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:43 am

hey team.
    man im so tired.
    Anyways i did my devos on romans 12.

v14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

When it says do not curse, i think it means not to back talk to other people. If we are mad at someone and we say im going to kill you, but you dont actualy mean it, your just saying it because your mad. If we say that, that is bringing curse into that person. Doesnt matter if its a joke or not. Our tongue is one of the most powerful body part. We must becareful what we say. If we insult or make fun of other people it will obviously hurt their feelins right. If we do that, God will do the same. So lets think before we say something that comes out of are mouth.

AMEN..
    yena.an

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!! Empty devo:D

Post  yena.an Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:19 am

hi guyss Very Happy
    today i read 2 timothy 2:24
    the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

i really like this verse.
    its really hard to be nice to everyone. it's a real challenge. often times i find that it is very difficult to be nice because i am human and its inevitable that i like some people more than others. some, frankly, i do not like very much. i think this is something that i really need to work on: not get into conflicts with people. i think im going to challenge myself i will start by being courteous to everyone, and hopefully, i can be equally nice to most people.
    i really hope that i can become a person who can really love their neighbours, as well as enemies.

amen.

yena.an pig
    esthershim

hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!! Empty Re: hello peepps.. i hope you guys are keeping up with the devos!!!!

Post  esthershim Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 am

heey team! sunny
    excited for moosedeer madness? yay I love you
    woow, i'm really tired, i went to london this morning for my sister's orientation
    it was really boring, and waking up at 5 was not fun either Neutral
    but i'm pumped for tomorrow!

Instructions on Worship
    1 TIMOTHY 2:1-15

v1 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone -- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness"

When i read the title, I didnt know there were instructions on a proper way of worshipping. This verse stood out to me, mainly with the saying that worshipiing God is for everyone and that it's urged for that everyone is put at the same level as everyone else when praising him. Anyone from any race, rank, standard, rich or poor are invited to have a relationship with god and is welcome to make requests and get as much involved as those who are of higher ranking. We are all equal in the eyes of God, am i right? yeeeah! Wink

v8 "I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing"

This other verse stood out to me because in relation to the first verse, it talks about setting aside differeences becoming equals with one another when lifting up hands in prayer. When worshipping God we shouldnt have anger in our hearts, because that distracts us from what we came here for, which is to praise. so lets just come with what we wanted to do, ..worship! cheers

have a great day everyone! and get pumped for tomorrow! whoooooo alien
    jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:48 am

hey guys! What a Face
    sorry! i really did the devotion but i'm really tired so i'll write the verses down. and i think they are very true and we are responsible for what we do and see,and hear,etc. so here are the verses!
    ephesians 5:6-16 see you tomorrow! bounce
    gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 pm

hey team! sorry i didnt post........ but there isnt even one up for the 25th, so ill combine .
    okay so how was dance practice ? sorry i missed out... im in London right now xD HAHAHA
    kay so i read proverbs 12 and 13, and ill post later today or something when i get home, i gotta get off :S

see you all wednesday team!
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 am

July 26, 2009

Hebrews 2

The second half of this chapter talks about how Jesus was made like his brothers and it's a really humbling passage:

"Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death - that is, the devil - and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants."

We serve such an amazing God and all too often, I think we forget the extent or severity of suffering that our God had His son, Jesus, endure on our behalf. You know, our God is the God who created the heavens and the earth out of nothing, and perhaps there could have been another way for Him to bless us with eternal salvation, other than sacrificing His own son. But I think He was loving and merciful enough that He willingly chose to send His son in flesh and blood, so that Christ could take the cross in a human flesh that would convince us that he could understand what we are going through from day to day. This loving sacrifice has allowed us to become that much more personable with God, much more relational, and all by His grace.

I want to challenge myself to never forget His ultimate gift, every day.

Great job with everything today, team! From all the services to intense dance practices, everyone did amazing! Can't wait for Wednesday Smile

- H

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am