Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

+6
jennifersoomihong
seankim
esthershim
yena.an
Joseph
Karen
10 posters

devoooooooooooooooo

Karen

devoooooooooooooooo Empty devoooooooooooooooo

Post  Karen Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Fruit of the spirit: kindness

Hebrews 7:7 - "And without question, the person who has the power to give a blessing is greater than the one who is blessed."

Hopefully, we'll be able to serve God with a pure/clean heart. If i were to serve without really wanting to but really if i'm serving to do it for my self-satisfaction, then what good is it? What are the meaning behind serving if i didn't have a kind heart? I say it's more damage than anything... I would definitely want to be transparent and show my heart to natives and show them who i really love and who i serve. Kindness comes from genuine-self.

I hope and pray for one. perhaps a big one Smile

Karen
    Joseph

devoooooooooooooooo Empty Re: devoooooooooooooooo

Post  Joseph Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:15 am

Wuddup team.
    For todays devotion i continued doing on the book of timothy.

it says,

" The grace of our lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus"

So this passage is pretty similar from yesturdays. So today im going to add some more. As i read through the section i saw forgivness. Even though you sin and disobeyed god, the Lord will always forigive you. doesnt matter how big of the situation. All you have to do is ask forgivness. And when you ask for forgiveness for this particular reason, remember that your also making a promise too. SO if you ask for forgivness and you do the same sin again later on. Then whats the use for asking for forgivness? Think before you ask for anything.

Another thing i wanted to point out is, apologizing or saying sorry is completely different from asking for forgivness. Why, because people say sry only if there caught and they would probably do it again "or" unless they confess and apologize. Asking forgivness is something you know you did something wrong and you need to ask god for forgivness. Remember dont only ask god for forgivenss but also other people. you know wut i mean. So remember, every one need forgivness including do you.

AMEN...
    yena.an

devoooooooooooooooo Empty devo:D

Post  yena.an Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:08 am

Hey guys,
    sorry i completely forgot about yesterday :S
    i dont remember anything from last night..i think i just fell asleep :S

anyways, today i read 2 Samuel 22:2

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer.

the only solid foundation is God.
    Matthews 7:24 says, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    when i read this, i thought that i really needed to listen to God's words more and put them into practice. i think often times i go to church, worship God, listen to Sam's sermon and then i forget to put them into practice.
    i really need to start to build my life and faith on God's strong foundation so that it will last.

only God's way lasts because he is the only firm foundation. Very Happy

amen.

yena.an pig
    esthershim

Post  esthershim Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:41 am

hey team! jocolor
    how was everybody's day? mine wasnt so great, me and jen tried to bake sugar cookies
    but they were all a failure, i guess baking's not our forte Wink
    i continued with timothy also

The Lord's Grace to Paul
    1 TIMOTHY 12-20

v12&13 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief"

I think most of this passage talks about thanking GOd and what god's grace means to Paul. When i was reading verse 13 it talked about God showing mercy to him even though he did these bad things, but it was okay because he acted in ignorance and unbelief? So if we commit sinful things on purpose rather than in ignorance we wont we shown mercy? I didnt really get that, but i think what Paul's trying to say, is that God shows his grace to us even though we sin against him and do bad things. His love for us is everlasting 'along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus (v14)'

It goes on saying how good is our GOd. It talked about in Paul's perspective, that even for the worst of sinners and those who think they dont deserve Jesus in their lives. But in fact, GOd is always willing and always trying to come into our worlds and show us his grace. His love for us is so great that the sins we commit are never an obstacle for him.

v17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen"

Have a great day e'erbody! tongue
    and can't wait for MOOSEDEER MADNESS, yay cat
    seankim

Post  seankim Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:20 am

1 TIMOTHY 1:12-20

"But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life."

This verse stood out to me, in this passage it is talking about our past, how we were before we didnt know Jesus Christ. I like this verse because it shows that GOD uses people who would not be expected to be used in such great ways. In the bible he uses tax collectors, fisherman and other low class citizens for such great accomplishments. I feel that we can be used for great things because GOD has so much patience for us, but we choose not to be used because we are either too selfish or lazy to do GODs work.
    jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:46 am

hey guys!
    as you know esther and i made or tried to make cookies Razz
    but we didn't have alot of success..hahaha but i did put icing m's on the cookies and they don't look half bad... kinda. haha we promise not to open up a bakery cherry
    OH! and i got some Canadian Tire money, do we need it still?
    anyway! my devotion! Wink

Psalm 27:1-6
    This passage says that God is always there to protect me when things get bad, and he is the controller of my life, so what ever happens to me would be in his plans.if anyone tries to hurt me or i'm in a situation,God will protect me from them so whatever happens, i should be afraid becausei will know for sure that God is always there with me :)God did and does so much for us we should praise him forever! cheers
    have a wonderful rest-of-tonight and tomorrow! I love you
    crys.kim

Post  crys.kim Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:46 am

hi everyone monkey
    this morning i got SOAKED and the subway entrance place had a little lake of gross water
    haha it was nasty
    but today i saw some interesting stuff at work so that was really cool!

today i started 2 thessalonians 3

this section was titled "request for prayer"
    and the requests that paul makes were really relevant to what our requests should be in our prayers

he asks that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored and that they may be delivered from wicked and evil men since not everyone has faith
    then he continues on to say that the Lord is faithful and he will strengthen and protect us from the evil one
    and lastly he says "may the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance"

in our missions and in our daily lives, we pray that the word of God will spread and that people will follow it.
    especially at missions, this is our hope for the natives.
    im sure its the same with the rest of our team, but i pray that God will protect us and strengthen us.
    so it was really cool to see the same prayer request from paul.
    the last request really spoke to me and i will definitely pray for this for our team- that the Lord may direct our hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

i hope tomorrow will be an exciting friday !!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 am

I read Proverbs 3 today, and I think "trust" has been the topic of my devos for a while now. v.5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." With us going into moosedeer madness and missions itself, there is a lot of excitement, but also a lot of anxiety, myself included. But I think these anxiety and worry are all from our personal thoughts on our capability. When we look to God and trust that He work through us, then I think we can all be sure of the amazing work that will happen at the reserve this year.

v.9 "Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops.." From this verse, I learned that, even when moosedeer madness is a success and missions is awesome, we should thank God first instead of being proud of what we do.
    gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 am

hey teammmm Smile
    im feeling A LOT better!
    it was raining today....and i had a pretty pathetic day . the rain made me want to watch the korean movie "classic" and i started to ball my eyes out
    HAHAHHA i know............ pathetic Sad lol

so today i continued on with Proverbs. and this time i read chapter 11
    verse 16 stood out to me .
    whatever we do in life, it shouldnt just be for the money... and for this mission we are giving up a lot of our money and time right?
    and what we are trying to earn at this reserve is....... respect?
    we give these kids love, and support and we plant seeds in them so that one day these kids will grow up to be amazing tools that God can use in the future. We go to these kids and we show them all this compassion and try to get closer to them by earning their respect.
    but most importantly, we need to respect eachother! the team= family when we are up there, we need to support and love eachther just as much!
    lets pray for that closeness between all of us Smile
    hannahlee

Post  hannahlee Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 am

MOOSEDEER MADNESS!!! WHOOWHOO.
    I'm quite excited and I hope you all are too! It'll be awesome possum, mwuhahaha.

Titus 3

4 But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.

I liked these verses because it highlights the fact that none of our freedom is the result of anything good we've ever done. Our renewal in Christ is all a result of God's mercy and love, and we certainly cannot be accredited to "earning" any of it because I think even the most blameless person on this world could be free of sin enough to "earn" back their life. I know it's simple enough, but this verse was a good reminder, because I think sometimes, we fool ourselves into thinking that we are the "Upper Man" in this relationship with God, and take advantage of Him, treating our freedom like our birthright, etc. But we need to take far more responsibility for our actions because we owe our lives to Him.

14 Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.

This verse was just interesting to me. Out of its original context, Paul may be saying that as Christians, not only should we uphold all these Christ-like values, but suggests that we be the ones who do good by meeting the urgent needs of others. It doesn't mean too much, but it does give me ideas for how else I can better live my life for God, and I'm sure that by being that friend that can meet the urgent needs of others, they can see something different in me.

- H

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am