Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

Devotion time!

Karen

Devotion time!

Post  Karen on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Fruit of the Spirit: LOVE

John 13:34-35 - "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

Love. Love is one thing you can't quite figure out nor define with such accuracy, but by the Grace of our God and by our own testimony we can understand what love is. I thought the 9 fruits are all variables that depends on each other, just like a simple math equation: Love(x)+Joy(x)+Peace(x)+ Patient(x)+ Kindness(x) + Goodness(x)+ Faithfulness(x) + Selfcontrol(x) +Gentleness(x) = Christ-like-ness. (let x be a degree of intensity of faith)

but really, Love is actually the outcome of that equation. If i'm lacking in Joy, i just need to love more..if i'm not at peace, i just need to love God more.. it's all about love and it's all i need. with love, i can have all the 9 fruits.

it's quite fascinating.

sick tings elephant

peace out.

K

crys.kim

Re: Devotion time!

Post  crys.kim on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:42 am

hello helloooo rabbit
    today i got to relax and be lazy at home
    it was awesome
    but ya

heres my little blurb for the day!

so today i started 2 thessalonians
    it was a really powerful passage

as always, or at least like the past few passages i have read, it starts by thanking God for our growing faith.
    this always reminds me to thank God in everything and before everything.
    its a great reminder...

the next part talked about God's judgement. it was good but also scary at the same time.
    it says that God is just and that since we were chosen, we will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God.
    then it says that God will pay back trouble to those who troubled us and he will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel.
    they will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord.

here, i really thought and asked that God may count me worthy of his calling. and that by his power i may be able to fulfill every purpose that he planned for me.
    also for those who do not know God, and thus not obeying him... they will be punished.
    and as we are chosen, i think it is part of our calling that we go and spread the gospel and let known the word of God to the world.
    so that everyone will know about God and no one will be shut out from God's presence. a place where God doesn't exist is.. hell.

but ya the main this i felt from this passage was am i worthy of his calling?
    so i thought about this.. and i decided that i'm not worthy. i dont think i ever will be worthy.
    but because of God's grace and love, he chose me to serve his purpose and im really grateful for this.
    and i should really try to live a life worthy of his calling and worthy to do his work.
    you know, at least do my best to live up to it.

ya
    so hope everyone has a great night!

esthershim

Post  esthershim on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:01 am

hey team!sunny
    the weather was really nice today
    sooo i went to the waterfront!
    uh yeah, my friends want to come to games night, but they dont want to get there by themselves
    they want to go there with me, so are we setting up THAT day or are we setting up earlier so i can come with them?

David's Prayer
    1 Chronicles 29:10-13

v10 "Praise to be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting"

v11 "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is your. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all"

In David's prayer it said to praise the Lord from everlasting to everlasting. That means our praise shouldnt just be at church on sundays. It should be extended into our daily lives. we as christians should worship him on a daily basis. I'm not saying that we should ALWAYS acknowledge him everywhere, but praising him should be continual (not just on sundays) and be everlasting

I find that we tend to ask God for things that we need/want and dont take the time to thank him for what he did. In our prayers it's usually asking about protecting us, or wishing a good tomorrow, but instead we could also thank him for the simple things (we take granted for) like the house we live in, the food we have, the fresh air, and the fact that we're alive. so if we're happy with what God is providing for us, say AYE! aye I love you

about urban outfitters, there better be good things in that store
    cause i'm going tomorrow Wink

yena.an

devo:D

Post  yena.an on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 am

hey guys Smile
    sorry to all for snapping at you so much (esp. yesterday)
    ive had a lot of sleep so now i am less grouchy. i think by wednesday ill be back in shape.

today i read proverbs 11:28
    he who trusts in his riches will fall, but righteous will flourish like foliage.

when i read this verse i thought that God was telling me to rely less on worldly things like money and rely more on Him. i know that we've been worrying about our finances and all, but God provides for us always, so we need to place our faith in Him more, because He is the way.

amen.

yena.an pig

gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:41 am

heey team.
    yeahh, today was an off day . dont know why really...... it just was .
    i feel really gross. like all i did today was sit around at home, eat and like watching tv and stuff.... ewwwww dont want to get fat :/
    so tomorrow im gonna go on a early morning jog for sure! hahahaha
    so for todays devo i read proverbs 8 , and a few things stood out to me
    in verse 17 it says:
    17 I love those who love me,
    and those who seek me find me.
    God loves us, thats something that is for sure, and will never fade. God's love.
    And we need to love God! right ?
    and it says that if we seek Him, we will find Him .
    How many of us are seeking God? How many of us want to find God? How many of us are curious and searching for God in their lives everyday?
    We need to seek God, we need to want MORE of Him and just keep praying daily for Him to be in our lives. And most importantly at our missions, we need to seek God, and ask Him to be with us, as well as the people there and watch Him transform these people while we are there
    In the past when i first came to know God on my own walk of faith, i remember i asked myself "but why do we need to seek God?"
    well if we do it says in verse 30 "i was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence"
    I want to be in God's presence, I want to be filled with delight day after day and rejoice that God is with me! I want to find God!!!

well goodnight everyone:) and i hope you guys have a great week!

Joseph

Post  Joseph on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:53 am

Hey team.
    Hope your weeks awesome.
    Anyways i did my devotion on Romans 11.

It says,

v28. As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerened, they are loved on account of the patiarchs, for Gods gift and his call are irrevocable.

According to the bible God says that we should always love our enemies. God says this because he first loved us so we must also love each other, doesnt matter what kind of person he/she is. Every one should be treeded the same. God treets everyone the same. So we should do the same. It is one of the 10 commandments that we should love our neighbours. If we do not obey his commands, we have just commited a sin. If we cannot love one another then how can we love God.

In verse 29 it talks about God;s gift and his call are irrevocable. That God does not change his mind with reference to his call. Even though the Israel is presently in a state of unbelief, that God purpose will be fullfiled. So i think God is telling us to forgive one another, doesnt matter how big the siutation is. God has always forgiven us, so we should also forgive one another. If you have any old friends you fought with and havnt talked to him since, i consider you to go back, and talk with that person. Ask for forgiveness, doesnt matter if its ur falt or him. Remeber we must forgive one another,

AMEN...

Roh

Post  Roh on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 am

Hey guys! Once again, great job yesterday at the fundraiser. We raised around $1200 and that's more than what we were expecting! Good job to all of you for helping out from such an early time in the morning. Make sure to thank the parents as well when you see them around!

Also, if you read this, please continue to pray for our fundraiser coming this Saturday. We need lots of prayer, as I believe that we had such success on Sunday due to God's help. Continue to remember Him and to constantly thank Him!

And remember to bring in all your materials for the Games Night by THIS WEDNESDAY. DO NOT FORGET (that is not an excuse).

I finished reading 2 Timothy today (chapter 4). As similar to other Pauline Epistles, the latter half of the last chapter, he's just saying his thanks, remarks, reminders, and good-byes to people, so I didn't get much out of those parts. But it's the first half that I liked. He urges us to be REAL. This is what Sang talked about on Saturday as he gave his seminar. There isn't a standard to follow when it comes to Christianity. There isn't a booklet that tells you how to behave as you go on missions. There isn't a guideline for what to say when you evangelize. You need to be yourself, whether good or bad, and show the world that God is real in real people. We struggle the same, and we find joy in the same things as others. Also, Paul reminds us to be realistic and not drown ourselves in comfort and favourable conditions. Often times we serve God or give to the church when times are favourable to us. In verse 2, he said, "Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching." Whatever the time is, be prepared for God, and always be in the mindset to preach his word. And in verse 5, he said, "But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you." And he promised that God has a prize ready for us as we offer ourselves to Him. It's not all about getting a prize, per se, but it's about working for someone who's given you His everything.

Be real, and serve at all times.

Roh

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:26 am

I read Philippians 3 today, and verses 13 and 14 stuck out to me. "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." I think these verses really taught me to stop dwelling on the mistakes that I make and to press on with my life. When I remind myself of all of the wrongdoings in the past, I think that limits me from being motivated or courageous enough to try new things and take risks. Since God is my source, I want to dwell in Him and His blessings in order to be limitless in everything that I do.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am

holla,

today i read 2 timothy 4 and got a couple things from it Smile

5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord.

this verse followed a passage describing how there will come a time when this world will stop listening and will begin to devise its own myths to justify its sin. as christians, i really liked how verse 5 urges us to keep a clear mind in every situation. i think oftentimes, when we are faced with the world's many sins, it is very easy for us to fall into the justifications that our friends may present to us, etc. and we begin defacing the Word and molding it into what is most convenient for us, until we can be comfortable with the sins that we commit. but verse 5 reminds us that this is not the way and that in every situation, it is imperative that we evaluate it and do what is right in the Lord. i like how it ends by saying that we shouldn't be afraid to suffer for the Lord. it is encouraging to know that there is nothing to fear in doing what is right and perhaps 'sticking out' for following His ways!

7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return.

i liked this verse because it described the expectations that Paul could so confidently carry for what was waiting for him after worldly death. i thought it was so impressive how his confidence was exuded without what could have been 'cockiness' bc even as the reader, you can tell that this is surely something that he deserved and there was no debate! this verse illustrated a 'glorious' scene to me, and it drove me to hope that perhaps one day, if we remain in His word, we can look forward to such a wonderful and awe-inspiring prize, as well!

Excited for Wednesday!!

- H

jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 am

hey team! alien
    today i read Philippians 1:29 -"For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him."
    we can take God for granted and only come to him in need, when its a priveledge to even know God. This verse makes me want to praise and worship and pray to God even more because we shouldn't be wasting this wonderful priveledge and we must be taking advantage of it and use it to the fullist. Worship, sing, dance, write, with all of your heart for God. sunny
    have a great tuesday! bom

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm