Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

Combined Devos :)

Admin
    Admin

Combined Devos :)

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 am

So, Hannah, Esther, Yeji, Yena, Crystal and I are at Hannah's place, getting prepared to make some sam gak gim bap. Before we start though, we decided to have a brief prayer session and do devotions together. We read 2 Timothy 3, and one verse stood out for us.

v.16 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." In the beginning of the chapter, there is a list of many sins that, now in the world, a lot of people commit. Because those sins are so common, a lot of them seem to be okay. However, when we want and choose to learn to live a different life, God's Word and His teachings will show us the way to live a more holy life.

See you all tomorrow!

Joseph

Re: Combined Devos :)

Post  Joseph on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:50 am

So, sean and i did are devos together also because he's staying over at my place. And we decided to read 1 John 3.

v7. Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
    v8. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning.

As we read through this passage, we both learn that we are all sinners, correct. We were born as sinners. As the bible said, once adam and eve eat ate the fruit, everyone is a sinner. Another thing we learned from this passage is that righteousness is the holy spirit. Are souls are always alive because through righteousness.

AMEN......

gracekimm.

Post  gracekimm. on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

again im sorry i didnt do my QT yesterday, no internet at cousins place............ -.-
    i want to share a verse in Psalms 5.
    Its verse 3.
    it says
    "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
    Its like Sam said at our meeting last wednesday.
    Prayer shouldnt come last right?
    How many of us actually wake up, and give our day to God? pray to Him first thing in the morning and give Him a portion of our time, even if we're busy and to just ask Him to watch over, and be with us during the day?
    this is somthing im working hard on...i forget at times, and its hard to always remember and stuff, but im trying my hardest Smile
    I want to give my day to God, dedicate it to Him, and wait for God to respond and to show that He IS watching over me all day, and is showering His presence over me, and protecting me wherever i go.
    Stay in the word!

ill post tomorrow again guys Smile
    have an awesome day !
    Jmz_Chung

Devo

Post  Jmz_Chung on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:38 am

Hey yall, how yall doin?
    lol i know my devotion postings have been pretty bad lately..
    that is why i am posting on this day to fill in my missed days to
    hopefully make up for it Smile(today is July 24th btw)

Devotions comes from Mathew 9 Verse 21:
    for she was saying to herself, "If i only touch his garment, I will get well."

what i got out of this:
    I found that lately, my mindset hasn't been all that positive. It would always just be me thinking about the worst case scenario so that i can just be prepared for the worst...and like..it works because 99% of the time,in the end it isnt the worst case scenario. But thats just it...you know, it all about the mindset. Going through something with a negative mindset just lets yourself down and usually for me, it causes me to just give up...like whatever..screw this. But no, lol you should never give up. I was running one day to catch a bus...it was going faster than i was and the stop was far away. I was running and then i stopped..thought to myself w/e ill catch the next one..but the funny thing was that it stopped because some one had to get off on that stop. And because of that, i was able to catch it!

even when all odds seem to be against you, just dont give up. giving up just decreases your chances even further.

My friend told me wayne gretsky once said, a shot untaken is a guarantee miss.

Lol also, i was playing black jack with my friends and i had a 20...i said hit me...(yea sure everyone was lafing at me and calling me names as a joke) bbut i didnt care, i said HIT ME. and he did, i got an ace!

BUTTTTTT the important thing is, after that, everyone just didnt care anymore, they started saying hit me even though they had 19's or 20's and they all... got... 21..

Everytime i play basketball or any competitive sport and at the times when my opponent would be beating me 20-5 i would always say: its not over until its over.

SO ...i challenge myself and others as well to just keep going and fight all the odds. Because odds dont mean a thing until the very end.
    Jmz_Chung

Post  Jmz_Chung on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 am

LOL....just realized i went off quite..a tangent..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 am