Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

3 posters

july 11 devos :)

gracekimm.

july 11 devos :) Empty july 11 devos :)

Post  gracekimm. Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 pm

hey teamm !

today i read psalm 3 and the whole chapter just gave one main message that really gave me strength and confidence in God. It gave me ressurance and put away my worries.

Psalm 3
    A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
    1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
    How many rise up against me!
    2 Many are saying of me,
    "God will not deliver him."
    Selah [a]

3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
    you bestow glory on me and lift [b] up my head.

4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
    and he answers me from his holy hill.
    Selah

5 I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
    drawn up against me on every side.

7 Arise, O LORD!
    Deliver me, O my God!
    Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
    break the teeth of the wicked.

8 From the LORD comes deliverance.
    May your blessing be on your people.
    Selah

The world around us is nothing... it may try to break us down, but God will keep us standing. God is the reason why we breathe, why we wake up, why we have strength. We dont need to worry as long as we have God at our side. In our lifetime, we will have many try to turn us away from God, and will say things like "God doesnt exist" "He cant save you." But that is just the opposite. He is our shield, our provider, and He WILL deliver us just like He delivered the Israelites from Egypt !

so lets keep praying
    and have confidence in our God !
    lets celebrate the great things He's done for us in our lives so far!
    ameeeen !

have a good day teamm Smile I love you
    crys.kim

july 11 devos :) Empty Re: july 11 devos :)

Post  crys.kim Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:30 am

hi everyone Embarassed

as some of you know
    ive been sick these past few days
    it was pretty bad
    all the fever, sweating, crying, ...diarrhea
    really attractive stuff

but im good now
    really wanted to go to girls night, but couldnt...
    so instead here i am, doing my devos

so today i read 1 thessalonians 2:1-16
    this passage was amazing

here paul talks about his ministry in Thessalonica.
    he just talks about the way he spread the gospel and it really made me realize how i should do what i do at the reserve.

in the beginning he says that he suffered and was insulted in Philippi, but with the help of God, he told the Thessalonians the gospel in spite of opposition.
    because what he was telling them was not with impure motives or a way to trick them.
    then he continues by saying that they are men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, who are not trying to please men but God.
    they dont use flattery or lies and they dont seek praise from men.

i think this is something we should remember as well. in times of opposition, which is bound to happen, we should turn to God for strength and guidance.
    and behind what we are telling them, we should have a true pure heart.
    and just like paul says, we too were chosen by God for specific reasons to be on this team this year to work together for God's work.

then paul says that to avoid being burdens on the people, they were gentle, like a mother caring for her child.
    and they loved the people so much that they not only shared the gospel with them, but their lives as well.

i think this is a really important thing too. while we share the gospel with the natives at moosedeer, we should share our lives too. building that relationship, sometimes might be something we want to do first before sharing the gospel.
    and love and strong relationships is something the people on the reserve lack, so we should be the ones who are willing to provide that for them.
    we shouldnt share our lives because we have to, but because by spending time with them and caring for them, we become to love them and thus want to share our lives with them.

paul also tells us that he was encouraging, comforting, urging them to live a live worthy of God, who calls them into his kingdom and glory.
    we should definitely do the same for these natives.

lastly, paul thanks God. he thanks God that the people listened and accepted the word of God and changed their lives.

when we're at the reserve, whatever happens, its Gods work. the work we're doing is only possible through God and without God nothing's possible.
    and we are going to the reserve to do Gods work. so we must remember to thank God in every situation, the good and the bad. for giving us safety, challenges, strength, joy, etc.
    we should simply thank God for everything.

yup
    ill see you all tomorrowwww
    yena.an

july 11 devos :) Empty devo:D

Post  yena.an Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:59 am

hey guyssss Very Happy

today has been an up and down day.
    Ive been sleep deprived for a few days...although it wasnt as bad as when i was still in school.
    i guess it really affected my mood
    but now that i have slept for about 3 hours i feel much better Very Happy and i am ready to give God my best time in my best condition.
    today i read John 8:32
    You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

I was surprised affraid to see this verse in my devo book today. it was interesting because this is what Sam talked about today. truth shall set you free. Very Happy
    Truthfully, this year was the year during which i struggled the most. i had many issues that i dealt with, and some of them i am still dealing with. needless to say, i was not in condition to go to missions, let alone help lead a missions group. but by the grace of God, i was given the chance to share my struggles with others, and now i am slowly learning to face my problems and fight against them.
    God has given me the opportunity with all the resources i need, so all i have to do is use them.
    Our congregation, my friends, my family, and the Word of God has really helped me significantly. and i've learnt to become more dependent and to seek help when i need one.
    it's true what Sam has said: you can't handle this alone.
    it's just your pride when you say that you can handle it on your own. it was my pride that kept me from dealing with my problems properly. i thought that i could do everything on my own, but i couldn't.
    Now i know that God will help me out, all i have to do is seek it.
    The truth will make you free. His word is the truth. I am being set free.
    Amen.

yena.an pig

Sponsored content

july 11 devos :) Empty Re: july 11 devos :)

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am