Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

nm devos 2

crys.kim

nm devos 2

Post  crys.kim on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:24 am

hello everyone!! flower
    its really really hot and sunny in london right now
    i was sweating SO MUCH walking back home hahhaha
    and i skipped my physics lab today
    yeye

anyways so i read galatians 6 today
    the first part really spoke to me and made me think..

paul tells us in the beginning of this chapter "brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently." as a missions team, it is really important that we try to lead a holy life. but we are only human, and it is likely that we will be tempted and at times we will be caught up in the sinful ways of this world. as a caring team and simply as brothers and sisters in christ, we need to look out for each other and help each other in times of need. also at the reserve, in the midst of the spiritual warfare that we will face, we must work as a team to stay strong. if one part of our team fails, we must work together to bring that part back. however in doing so, we must never forget God. when we're faced with sin, ya we're told to help each other, but we should also rely on God and his power to lead us back away from sin.

then paul continues on to say "carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." this was a really great reminder for me to not only help those in need, but also to share the hardships they are going through and lighten their load. then i realized that jesus carried our burdens of sin and died for us. and if we are to live a christ-like life, isnt it only natural that we carry each other's burdens? i really thought about this and ya i want to do that for you guys. when you have trouble with missions or school or anything for that matter, i want to be there for you and share the load with you. and i hope all of us will be there for everyone on the team; to share each other's hardships and joy. by doing this, it will build us as a stronger team and we will be able to do the same for the natives and in turn glorifying God. we were made to be loving people, so lets hurt for each other and be happy for each other and.. you know just love one another. hehe.

im excited to read what you guys learned today!
    those of you who had exams or anything important, hope it all went well
    have a great day tomorrow guys

gracekimm.

devo number 2 :)

Post  gracekimm. on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 am

the weather is BEAUTIFUL todayyy Smile so hot ...
    hope everyones day is going gooood too!

okay so today i read 1 Corinthians 10:31
    "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

So im continuing on with spiritual disciplines.
    Today i focused on worship!
    Many of us tend to close and contain worship into a small portion of what it really is. Some people think its just the music, or the prayer. But its so much more than that! Worship is BIGGER than you can ever imagine. It isnt something we can just put into one simple word, or something that can be contained. Worship isnt just our 2 hours at church on sunday morning but should be a way we live life!
    It really applied to me, because this was something that i needed and still do need to work and improve on. Living a life of worship.
    I remember a friend of mine (some of you might know pastor darrick tam @ onnuri church)was telling me about a seminar he attended at Tyndale. He said that another student asked "Can we worship God by eating an apple?" He thought that it was a dumb.. well more wierd question, and truthfully when i first heard that, i did too.
    But is it really a dumb question? NO !
    hahaha this proved to me, that there is NEVER dumb question xD
    So i thought about it, and this was back in march, but after thinking it through it didnt really seem so wierd, but it was sort of hard to understand. Today i was doing QT with darrick, and we read over this verse. I fully understand now, what it means to LIVE a life of worship. Worship, should be the way we live our lives, right? Living a life of worship. We shouldnt just be worshiping God for two hours, once a week at church, but we should take God as the center of our lives, and revolving everything in our daily life AROUND Him. Whether it is sports, academics, eating etc. we should do it ALL for the glory of God! cheers
    We can worship God in our lives, with the smallest things like eating an apple. It is something im really working hard, and practicing everyday.
    The song "center" by Charlie Hall came to mind when i read this verse. It talks about how we should put God as the center of our lives!

anywyas, thats about it for today
    hope everyone is praying hard for this mission, and for our teammm~
    study hard for examss ^^

Karen

Purpose driven life #1

Post  Karen on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 am

It's not about me.

I've read this at least 3 times but every time i read, i learn new things. it's great. (just imagine how much you can learn from reading the bible 3 times Laughing ) But i thought, it's be good to have a devotional book that can teach me and give me a bigger heart to serve.

Lately, i've been struggling with what to do with my life after my studies. I want a good job. i want good money to ensure security of my future family. Ofcourse I love my field of studies but i realized it's not always about what i love.. it's sometime what i need and what i require to have a secured-problem-free life.

But I'm so wrong. way off. Though I might achieve the dreamiest goal in the world's point of view but I'm missing the purpose which God intended me to be. So today is a new day, and today i confess and repent.

Joseph

Re: nm devos 2

Post  Joseph on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:44 am

WUDDUP team, hope your weeks are super. Good luck on exams for you people. Since i finished my exams i honestly had nothing to do, i actually miss studying, can you believe that. Crystal skipping class, sinner..jks jks jks.....anyways so i decided to do my devotions on Luke and i read chapter 19. I learned alot from this chapter and this is what i learned today.....

In verse 7 it says, All the people saw this and began to mutter, "He has gone to be the guest of a 'sinner.' " When I read through this passage I learned that Jesus would rather spent more time with sinners and people who struggles. In the passage many people were wondering why Jesus would spend time with a sinner. They may not know this but Jesus would rather hang out with sinners and people who are poor because he wants to help those people, he wants to bring peace in their minds. Writing this down, reminded me of doing street missions because we would help the people who are struggling. And I am very proud with every single one in our missions team for sacrificing their time to help the people in moosdeer. In this verse it also reminded me from one of sam's sermon, that he metioned that we should spent more time with people who are struggling with their sins because that’s what Jesus did. And spending more time with them will comfort them. Also another reason why we spend more time with people who struggles with their sins is because we can pray for them and spread the word of God, and that’s why Jesus would want us to spend more time with them. So keep this in your mind, Do what is best for people around you, care for one another just as Jesus had cared for us.

I found another verse in this chapter I would like to share. In verse 8 it says, Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "I will give half of my possessions to the poor, And if i have cheated anyone, i will pay back four times more." This shows that Zacchaues has faith in Jesus. He knows that if he asks for forgivness, the Lord shall forgive him. Because the Lord will always forgive you, no matter what, we just need to ask for forgivness. Telling truth will bring faith and trust. So after Zacchaeus asks for forgivness, in verse 9-10 Jesus says, "salvation has come to this house today, because this man also belongs to the family of Abraham. The son of man came to find lost people and save them. And in this passage, the bible is telling us that Jesus went down there for a reason, he went there because he wanted to save Zacchaues life, and Jesus saved Zacchaues. Man God is good, amen. You know, we all sin, once we are born we are all consider a sinner. No ones is made perfect except Christ. This is why God has sent Jesus down to earth to die on the cross for our sins, so he can bring joy in this world. This would be a good time where we would ask for forgivness, well anytime would be good, as long you tell the truth and believe. When praying, and I think sam mentioned about this that, when we are asking for forgiveness we cannot ask for forgiveness and keep on sinning after wards, that is a sign of giving up. We must fight against our sins and fight against satan. God will guide you, we just have to have faith in him. You know what I mean. So, God says to ask for forgiveness because he will heal you and grant your wish.He will bring great joy in your life and happiness. Im not sure if you can see this in the bible, but God also mentioned that we should also forgive our enemies and one another. The lord says that if we do not forgive our enemies than how can the lord forgive you. He has commanded us to forgive one another because the Lord has always forgiven us. If we forgive others then the Lord will forgive you. Forgiving one another will bring happiness in their lives and love. So also keep this in your minds, Forgive your enemies and the Lord shall forgive you.

AMEN..............................

Have a good day everyone and may God be with you........

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 am

Romans 15:5

5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,

This is one of my favourite verses. All struggles, all moments of joy should be shared amongst our team. In order for us to become stronger, we must ENCOURAGE and endure together. If one person falls, we don't leave them, instead we learn to pick them up. It's what Jesus would do.
    I want us to continue to encourage, and to endure everything that is given to us. Through this, we may acknowledge each other and become more united. i really like the theme "I Heart Revolution", it's a project Hillsongs United is doing, and their mission is to change the world and to share God's glory. Let's mix our hearts as one and accomplish what we need to do. Let's grow, laugh, cry, work as not just a team, but a family!
    We're responsible and we get the privilege of affecting others lives. Let's make the best of it!

fighting brothers!
    Exams exams exams...

esthershim

Post  esthershim on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 am

EXXAAAAMS ARE OOVVVER! but it feels weird not studying anymore,

Today's:
    Deuteronomy 8:15-20
    Do Not Forget The Lord:

Deuteronomy 8:18: "But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today."
    We must not forget the Lord. We must not forget all the things God has done for us and the promises he'll do for us in the future. When he says 'remember the Lord your God' he doesnt mean just remember him in memory but act out the things he told us to do. By acting out his commands/Godly ways, we ARE REMEMBERING him in THAT sense. 'He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant' He has given us the power to to live with a will and confirming his covenant(?) I didnt really know what that meant, so i googled it and i got this: COVENANT:one-way agreement whereby the covenanter is the only party bound by the promise. Overall!, we must remember our God in our hearts and act out the things he would have wanted us to do, which is remembering Him.

RoK

Post  RoK on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:44 am

Don't read...I'm mumbling cause I'm tired.

I'm currently rereading the book of Hebrews,

Hebrews 5

There's only one thing that stood out to me while reading this passage, and that's probably the last three versus.

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Man sometimes the bible can be complicated to read,

When you are a teacher and you don't know your basics, how is one able to educate others? It's like learning algebra without knowing how to add/subtract, you get the idea. When we are going to missions, we are leading these people to Christ. We are educating them and trying to live out our lives so that they can find Jesus through us. If we don't know our basics, what can we teach? At the end of that little quoted passage "Solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

These are my personal thoughts that I took out of the passage, may not necessarily be right. Milk, we all drank it at some point. I think the verse is making a reference to when we were young and were still being nursed by our mothers. These people do not truly understand the meaning of what it means to be righteous yet, so they are being fed answers by fellow peers, pastors, and family.

However, when the author is referring to SOLID food , it also brought up the fact with good and evil. First thing I thought of was the fruit of that Adam took a bite out of. It is for those who are spiritually mature, who are able to distinguish right and wrong without the help of their parents (example) Many people these days still cannot distinguish right from wrong. They try to justify their wrongs through excuses, and try to pass it off as it's ok.

EX. Smoking...It's not wrong cause everyone does it.....(i'm not stupid)

When your a child, you learn to basics. Swallowing, chewing mushed up carrots, opening and closing your mouth. Solid food is just putting those basics into use.

Basic knowledge people, It's what allows us to grow physically and spiritually.

I'm mumbling at this point..I'm tired....I apologize.

Last edited by RoK on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

yena.an

devoooo

Post  yena.an on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 am

Hey guys,

today i read Romans 3. the topic of this chapter was righteousness.
    the first part of this chapter talks about how no one is righteous, because everyone is sinful.
    a verse that really stood out from this part was verses 13 and 14: "their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit. the poison of vipers is on their lips. their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
    it talks about how everyone is not careful with their tongues. they gossip, swear, and speak hateful words to others. this part really stood out because it's the type of sin that i struggle the most with. it seems simple but it's actually the most difficult one to control. i think i should be more careful with my words, and think a bit more before i say something.and i think this is even more important on missions. gossip can really break the team apart, and it's very important to watch our mouths.
    the second part of the chapter talks about achieving righteousness through faith.
    because everyone is sinful, the only way we can be righteous is through Jesus Christ. although it's something i've always known, sometimes i take this for granted. reading today's passage just made me realize how much i have to rely on GOD and just rest my faith with HIM, and how important it is to do that.

pig yena.an

hannahlee

Post  hannahlee on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 am

SUNSHINE.

one more exam to go. is it possible to be exempt from exams by making the argument that they are a health concern for me? i'm pretty sure they lead me to chronic over-eating. i have like 500 meals a day, during exam season. hahaha.

anyways.

Matthew 11:28-30
    Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

especially during my times of stress, i try to look up verses that will pair well with how i feel so as to soak up as much as i can from the scripture that day, since i can relate so well.

not only is this verse quite a well-known one, with a permanent place in handel's messiah, but it's a very powerful one. here is where we see our God as such a compassionate father. i know that in past weeks of sermons, we've had the opportunity to view our God in a way that emphasizes His sense of equity by punishing those that have sinned, and in stark contrast to that, this verse illustrates the same God who is also willing to take every burden off of our shoulders. from my interpretation, He is suggesting that we exchange our burdens with His yoke, for when we carry Him on our shoulders, instead of the world, the going is far easier.

it challenges me, once more, to never try to face the world on my own, but to ask for His yoke, in its place.

hope all your weeks are going wonderfully! and good luck to those with exams!

- h

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:06 am

I read Isaiah 43 today and learned about expecting great things from God. I feel that, sometimes, we underestimate God's powers and think that some things are just impossible for Him to accomplish. However, God makes a way when it seems as if everything is blocking us. When we are struggling, God provides us with a solution. When we are in need of new ideas, God will give us the intelligence and creativity to come up with them. I basically learned from this chapter that we cannot fathom God's unlimited power and miracles.

As we prepare for missions and actually arrive at the reserve, I think that we should have great expectations for God's work in our team and in the natives. There will be times when we feel that nothing is getting done and making the kids listen is just too hard. With faith in God's grace and blessing, I'm sure that we will be able to find our way out of every single problem and worry.

jennifersoomihong

devotion #2!

Post  jennifersoomihong on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:37 am

hi everybody! i hope your day was sunny and joy-filled! sunny i tripped over a pot-hole Razz

anyway! today i did my devotion on mark 11:25-"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against someone, forgive him, so that your father in heaven may forgive you your sins.'"

this verse stood out to me because it showed how selfish we could be to keep receiving forgiveness from God, when you're not even willing to forgive the people around you. so if you're holding grudges on people for things they did against you, how could you expect God to forgive you for your sins that you committed against him? Jesus is the role model in life, so shouldn't we try and be as forgiving as him? I think following this verse would really help us at moosedeer because it would prevent a lot of gossip, conflicts and negativity during our trip and help us better show the amazing love of God to the children/parents there.
    and stay a wonderful intact team/family! cheers

have a great rest of the week! Wink

and don't trip on pot-holes Surprised

-jen

Roh

Post  Roh on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 am

Psalm 37

It is better to be godly and have little
    than to be evil and rich.
    For the strength of the wicked will be shattered,
    but the Lord takes care of the godly.

Sometimes we want so much. Even though we're taught to be godly and not worldly, it's hard because we do live in this world, and we're bound to be worldly. The world never guarantees success or happiness. It tempts you to act impulsively and to put God aside to achieve your short-term goals and pleasures. But life is meant to be long-term. Life is meant to be lived eternally, not just for 70-80 years.

There will be times when it will be tempting to not trust in God and take what's in front of you, but be patient, because like David said, the Lord always takes care of the godly. Who can be against us if He's for us?

Have a great Wednesday!

Roh
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:16 am

Sean read Psalm 48:5
    His thing didn't work for him
    Jmz_Chung

D bo shunz

Post  Jmz_Chung on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 am

Comesss frommm: Luke 15 8:10

The Parable of the Lost Coin
    8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

This verse struck me because it reminded me of how much I sin unconciously. Its just shocking when I look back at the end of the busy day that I have sinned on numerous occasions ...like it was the same thing as breathing.

But what's important I found, was that as long as we just lay it all down to Jesus and pray for forgiveness, his love will only return 10 fold in comparison to not even being guitly of sin.

This act of forgiveness inspires me and reminds me that Jesus is capable of this forgiveness "as we forgive those who tresspass against us"

Lets all live,love,forgive, and also repent.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 am