Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

4 posters

=) devooooooooooooooo

Karen

=) devooooooooooooooo Empty =) devooooooooooooooo

Post  Karen Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:12 pm

hello all,

I read Jonah 1 today.

The other day i was watching discovery channel and deep wild sea creatures were on. This made me want to read Jonah. Surprised

I think Jonah is a perfect example of me. Not only scared is he, he's also stubborn and foolish. He hides in the bottom of a boat that is sailing to the opposite direction where God want him to be. like God won't know that pffft. Then, God provides a great storm to disturb him and make him realize that it's him the storm is for. Most of the time, we don't give Jonah the benifit for being brave and whole hearted. Jonah here, then throws himself out of the boat so that the storm wont harm anyone else on the boat. I mean, it takes alot of courage to do that.

Though Jonah is a relection of us time to time, there are alot to learn from Jonah's mistake and his courage. and whatever we do to obey God, God will provide a great fish to swallow us and protect us. Wink
    Joseph

=) devooooooooooooooo Empty Re: =) devooooooooooooooo

Post  Joseph Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:52 am

Hi everyone, good meeting today. Kind of went alittle crazy but good meeting though. Anyways so today i did my devotions on romans 2. I shared with the praise team and leadership team before but i thought it would be good to share it again but with everyone this time.

" You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same thing. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment. Or do you show contempt for the riched of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing the God's kindness leads you toward repentance"

We all know that every single one us had judged another person before. Other people may not know that, but God knows for sure. God knows everything, he knows the way you think, and he watches where ever you go, even in the bathroom. But then why do we do all these sins even if we know that god is watching are every move. God says, if we judge other people, then the Lord shall judge you too. He may not do it right away, but he will, later in the future. No matter what, it will happen. If we want to take it back, we can as for forgivness.

When people sin, that is when satan is in control of you. We are not thinking straight. We must think before we do anything. Satan wants to see us fall. Right now the things we are doing for missions, satan wants to bring it down. He wants to break our relationship between God. But God says never give and just pray. Prayer will bring down satan. So remember had God on your side, he will bring great protection in your life.

AMEN.............................
    seankim

Post  seankim Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 am

Mark 1:9-13

Hey everyone! Today was a great meeting:) Smile haha arguing about tickets for 2 hours, real gangsters

(The Baptism and Temptation of Jesus)

So basically this sumarized how Jesus was being baptized and hewas suddenly moved to the desert? Weird, why would that suddenly happen? What stood out to me was "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased" then right after the Spirit sent him to a desert to be tempted by Satan for fourty days. Isnt that weird? Why would he say I love you then send him to be tempted? Doesnt make much sense to me...I'm gonna sleep on this one.
    yena.an

=) devooooooooooooooo Empty devo

Post  yena.an Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:41 am

heylo everyoneeee
    today's meeting was just wow.
    but i think we got a lot done considering everything. great job!!

okayyy so i read hebrews 4:15 today Very Happy (reading a lot of hebrews lately!!)
    anywayssss it talked about how God feels what we feel. he has gone through everything. so he knows how we feel. he understands us. therefore, we can bring ANYTHING to God. He "has been tempted in every way,just as we are--yet...without sin." he has all the attributes of a person. he grieves, he feels, he loves, he gets angry... that is why we should and need to bring everything to God in our prayers.
    Lately i am learning to really just rely on God and place all my faith in Him. although i thought that i did before, i realize now that i've just relied on myself, not God. i tried to solve everything myself, and thats why everything just became a big mess. and i was a big blob of mess myself.
    i am slowly learning to stop worrying, because He ALWAYS provides. Even if no one else in this world understands what i am going through, i can always bring it to God because he understands me completely. I really love Him, now more than ever before! Very Happy

yena.an pig

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am