Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

July 7th chea?

RoK

July 7th chea?

Post  RoK on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:51 am

I guess I'll start for today

Titus 2:7
    In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness

I'm really tired so I'll keep it short.
    By setting an example for people, they will see what God's goodness is like and will want to follow / be around it.

More to come I'll edit later. I guess.

gracekimm.

Re: July 7th chea?

Post  gracekimm. on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:17 pm

heyyyyy team Smile
    okay so i have to go out tonight, so ill have to do this now before i go !
    and guess what ! i got my hair cut........ its short LOL

so ill admit to feeling "numb" in my faith lately.
    its been really concerning me too
    in the past couple weeks i felt like my spirituality went to a still , like i didnt feel growth, i couldnt tell if i felt Gods presence with me, and i felt like i wasnt really going anywhere lately you know?
    even wierder...... music is my life. Worship... especially praise is my most favorite thing in the world. theres a joy i feel that is really unexplainabel. but i havent been feeling it lately, ive been really distracted, and uneasy these past couple weeks and that scared me.

but talking with my mentor i realized a few things and there was a chapter that really helped me out . it gave me comfort and rest.

In Psalm chapter 1 it says:

Blessed is the man who does no walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
    But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
    He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
    Whatever he does prospers.
    Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff that he wind blows away.
    Therefore the wicked will not stand int he judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
    For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, bu the way of the wicked will perish.

i was told

"I love how it says the man who meditates on God's word day and night is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
    That's my prayer for you, Grace. Be that tree. Sometimes you might feel like you're just the same, but because you're planted by streams of water, you'll yield your fruit... but IN SEASON. so don't worry! If you want something practical, try and spend a short moment each day in silence... just listening to God, just sitting in His presence. Wait for him, wait until you know he's there. Sometimes just knowing God's with you is enough. It reminds you of how REAL he is."

we all need to be that tree !
    keep praying, keep seeking God and just meditate on God's word everyday

i hope everyones day is going good, and have a good week !

OH and any of you interested in going to BASIC confrence next saturday?
    its going to be an awesome time of worship, and it will be worth your time Smile
    hope you guys can go, you can ask me for more info ! Very Happy

seankim

Post  seankim on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:53 am

Alex is OG

18 If the world hateth you, ye know that it hath hated me before it hated you.19 If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.20 Remember the word that I said unto you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me.

John 15:18-21

Before I start, I noticed that everything is the hardest when your the first to do it, and it is always easier to follow in someones footsteps, rather then create your own. The author is saying that GOD can relate to us, that we are hated because he was hated. He is saying we are not part of this world but meant for something greater then what the world has planned for us. I really like this verse because it is telling us how alike we are to GOD. It's kind of cool that we can be hated the same way GOD was hated, sounds weird.

yena.an

:D

Post  yena.an on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:55 am

hey guyssss

Matthew 6:25-34
    Do Not Worry

today was an awesome day for me Very Happy
    yesterday i was really stressed out about my course registration because i wasnt sure if i was in this program or not.
    but after reading hebrews, i decided to stop worrying and just leave it to God, because he always provides.
    well i woke up this morning with a dreaded feeling, only to find an envelope from yorku. it said that i was admitted into the program and it gave me all the instructions about course registration. i was able to finish registering with ease. i was so happy not only because i was able to get through it, but because i really got to experience God's love and power. this really proved that i dont have to worry because everything is in God's hands, and He will take care of me.
    but then i found out something else. the letter actually arrived yesterday but i didnt know about it because i was at the library until 9. i think that God didn't want me to find the letter until this morning, so that i would experience anxiety. He wanted me to stop worrying and just place my faith in Him. and this was how He taught me to do that.
    i realized that i can only try to do my best, and leave everything else to God. because He provides.Very Happy

yena.an pig

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:00 am

I read Psalm 31 today, and verse 24 stood out for me. It says, "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Ever since the retreat, I've been reflecting on faith and what my faith is like in God. I must admit that my faith increases and decreases depending on the situation I am in. This verse was almost like a wake up call for me to stand firm with God because it's become a habit for me to sometimes question God and His power. For example, there are some things that I'm trying to accomplish these days, and recently, I've been really unsure of the chances of me succeeding in these things; I've basically had a really hard time trusting in God and His work through me. However, with Sam's message from the retreat and my devos today, I think my faith has grown a little bit more, and I'm a little more confident in what God has in store for me.

P.S Yena, your story about the letter is so cool Smile

crys.kim

Post  crys.kim on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 am

hi everyone farao
    i started my lab work/volunteer thing today
    it was brutal
    sooooo boring, i didnt understand anything they were doing
    so i just sat and watched them
    dont want to go backkkkkk

anyways
    so im on colossians 3 now
    and the first part was titled "rules for holy living"
    sounds pretty intense already right?

the chapter begins by telling us to set our minds on things above, not on earthly things.
    this is obviously very very hard. we live in a world that is run by people and the rules we created. but i guess we must remember that our life on earth is insignificant compared to the eternal life we will have.
    thus it is important that we try to fill our minds with holy thoughts.

then paul continues to tell us to rid ourselves of impurity and malice. also to rid ourselves of the earthly ways we lived our lives before.
    whatever life we led before, we must renew ourselves newly in the knowledge in the image of God.

and then he says a really important point.
    he says that everyone is equal- regardless of their race, social status, age etc. but that "Christ is all and is in all."
    this made me realize that we are the same as the natives. Christ loves them just as much as he loves us. but because we know about this love, we are called to let them know that they are being loved.
    we are not called to do this because we are loved and they are not, but because we know that we are loved and they dont. and it is our duty to let them know that they are loved by God.

the next part is one of my favourite passages of all time. and i actually shared this during my testimony after missions last year.
    its one that guides me and reminds me of how i should live my life and why.

"therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. and over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. let the pace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him."

i think this passage is relevant to our missions.
    and its one we can remember for our daily lives as well.
    its pretty sweet.

so yup here it is.
    ill see you all tomorrow at 6!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:10 pm