Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

Devotions for July 6.

Joseph

Devotions for July 6.

Post  Joseph on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:44 am

Hi everyone, the retreat was so much fun, glad to see most of your faces. Man i had no sleep on the last night of the retreat, so tired. So then when i got home i slept for a good long long long hour, omg.
    ANYWAYSSS, today i decided to do my devotions on Luke 17, and it talks about faith.

v6. "If you have little faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry seed, but uprooted and planted in the sea and it will obey you.

As i read through this passage it reminded me about the summer retreat we just had. In this verse it talks about faith. And Sayah spoke his sermons about faith. He mentioned that a faith that is little as a mustard seed, is the same thing as a mulberry seed. I just wanted to add something also. Having little faith is the exact same as having a big faith. There are only 2 types of faith to me. Its either having no faith at all like 0%, or having 100% faith. Just like going to heaven you must believe in Christ 100% not 99%. Having faith is the key to get into the kingdom of heaven. I wanted to mention faith for todays devotions because i want all of us to have faith for our missions trip and for the moosdeer madness fundraise. I truly have faith, and i believe that God will bring a miracle on that day. So lets pray for faith that God will do something amazing for Native missions.

AMEN..............

yena.an

devoo

Post  yena.an on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 am

hey guysss
    i've really been lazy with devos lately and i am very sorry!!
    i really have no excuse -__________-;;;;;;

anywaysssss today i read hebrews
    the verses come from hebrews 12:1 and 4:13
    hebrews 12:1 says, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight.
    here's how i interpreted this passage:
    because God and His angels are watching us at all times, we dont need to worry, but just lay aside everything.
    i was just looking at courses and lecture schedules, and now i have a massive headache :S with my course sign-up coming up, (which is actually tomorrow) i thought i was prepared....but after finding out that i may have been admitted to my Bed french brogram, i have a whole new set of courses that i have to worry about.there's a practicum that i need to sign up for, and my soci courses and ed courses collide with each other. after staring at so much info for about two hours (and with only half of them registering in my head), i began my devo. after reading this passage, i've decided to stop worrying so much about it, because in the end everything ALWAYS works out. I know God always watches over me, so really, what's there to worry about? He's got plans and he'll make sure that things work out for me. after i cleared my head and stopped panicking, i realized that i still have a lot of time tomorrow morning to sort this out. and if i get confused i can always call the admissions office for clarification.
    i'm just going to lay all my worries aside and just try my best, because that is the best i can do, and anything else is out of my hands.
    I leave everything to You, God, because I know that You are watching over me.
    Amen.

yena.an pig

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:10 am