Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

July 2 Devos

Roh

July 2 Devos

Post  Roh on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 am

“The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.”- Jeremiah 17:9-10

The heart is something that everyone possesses. All of us have unique looks, as well as unique hearts. The Bible infers the heart as the "mind" in most instances. It's something that we can all hide. I can hide my heart from you and you can hide yours from mine. But God is the one that can read all of Man's hearts and make the best choices for us. There are instances where we just don't feel that ANYONE understands us. No matter how we try to explain ourselves or no matter how other people love us and try to understand us, there are just certain things that people will never understand. I believe that sometimes God doesn't give man the capacity to understand other people's hearts. This is when we need to turn to Him for not just help, but simply UNDERSTANDING. Sometimes we don't even need help. Isn't it such a comfort to know that someone understands us?

God understands us and transcends all other understandings. After understanding comes trust. Are we brave enough to take our worries and concerns up to God who understands, then to ask him to take control of it all? Trust.

Excited for the retreat?! I hope most of you will show up!

God Bless.

- Roh

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 pm