Got Fruit?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

2 posters

DEVOTION TIME

Joseph

DEVOTION TIME Empty DEVOTION TIME

Post  Joseph Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:38 am

Tomorrow is going to be a sick, so excited....so anyways i read colossians 3.

Colossians 3

v15. Let the peace of christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
    v16. Let the world of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in you years to God.
    v17. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him.

As i read through this passage, i liked these three verses the most. In this passage to me it talks about giving. Everything we do in our life is for God, correct? The retreats, and missions we do is all for God. We are doing this because God did everything for us first. And for thanks we are doing all these good things for him. We want to thank our God as it says in verse 17, "giving thanks to God the father though him". Remember when we do missions, we are doing it for God, yes also we are doing it for the native as well, but in the same time, its for God. It is our commandment to spread the word of God to the natives and to non-believers. Another thing to remember is, be happy because all we do is for God. AMEN?

AMEN....

cya all tomorrow....
    seankim

DEVOTION TIME Empty Re: DEVOTION TIME

Post  seankim Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:45 am

"But exhort one another daily, while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through deceitfullness of sin." Hebrews 3:13

Exhort: to urge, advise, or caution earnestly; admonish urgently

This verse is saying, don't be afraid to correct your brothers and sisters, I think this is really important for our team too because if we are too shy or scared to say hey you shouldnt be doing that, or trying to help them out, we as a team cannot grow together and it will be alot harder at missions for us to be a team. I hope that we can bond with each other, enough so that we are comfortable critizing each other

see you wednesday 8=D

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am