Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

devooooos : )

gracekimm.

devooooos : )

Post  gracekimm. on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:47 am

heeey team !
    mannnn , today was uncomfortably humid :S
    hope all of your days were good Smile
    haha kay so my QT is going to be a little bit all over the place this time
    i read john 15 and i got A LOT out of it and its hard to put it all into one so i might jump here and there

in verses 1-4, it talks about how God is the gardener of our lives, and Jesus is the true vine. He is our source and supply. We need to remain in Him because in Him we bear fruit. Apart from Him, we can do nothing.

Verse 9.... hahaha i thought it was pretty deep. God loved, loves, and always will love us. Now we need to remain in His love. This sort of reminded me of that one parable about the father and his two sons. (Luke 15: 11-32)
    It talks about how one son stays loyal by the father's side, but the other son goes astray. The son leaves and spends all of his riches and goes back to the father begging. He goes there thinking that his father wont take him back but his fathers reaction takes him by surprise. The father welcomes him with open arms like nothing bad ever happend.
    This is what God's love is like. We may run away, and 'leave' God... but God never leaves us. He loves us MORE and is always waiting for us to return. I think my friend... who is also a pastor.. stole this from a movie, but its a really good phrase. God is always reaching out for us 90%. All we got to do is reach out that small 10%. God wont turn His face from us, He is waiting, and will always welcome you with open arms. His love is TRULY unfailing !

verse 16, talks about how God chose us from the very start. Nothing that happened up to this point was an accident, it was all part of God's plan, and in Him we will bear much fruit. Because He appointed us, the fruit we bear will last forever. And we need the kind of faith , where when we pray, we need to believe that God will answer all of our prayers. I remember someone asked me "well what happens if God doesnt answer all of our prayers? I mean... He doesnt always..." It's true. God has the decision to whether he wants to or not right? He does whatever is according to the plan He has for us, and if it doesnt fit well then... yeahh hahaha
    But we need to have the strong faith that He WILL answer, and wait patiently. And whatever we do pray for, needs to be through the true vine, and when we pray, there needs to be a relationship with God there!

verses 18-27 talks about how we dont belong to the world. The world may hate us, and will have us struggle a lot in our lives, but none of that matters. We hve God on our side. And the reason why the world hates us, is because we dont belong to the world... we belong to God. And because we belong to God, we shouldnt try to please the world, but we need to please GOD ! why do you think we pray TO GOD, and worship GOD? its because we belong to HIM and not the world... I remember not too long ago, before i came to Mil Al, and still on going ESPECIALLY within my vision x congregation. I had reputation. I was always considered as "the praise leader" or "the good little christian girl whos got it all together" or "the girl who knows just what to say." or i was told things like "omg, this girl is such a good christian... when you talk to her, you can see the holy spirit SHINING in her!" WOWWWWWWW , so much pressure right there. I started stressing under the pressure, and i was so conscience about my every move... but it says it all there in those verses! I shouldnt be trying to please those people.. but i should be trying to please God.
    It says in Acts 4:19
    "But Peter and John replied,'Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God."

we shouldnt be people pleasers, we need to be people who please God!
    lets keep that in mind Smile

good night everyoneeee ^^

Joseph

Re: devooooos : )

Post  Joseph on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:26 am

Beuno everybody, wuts up team..
    hope your weeks are fabulous...
    IT WAS SO HOT TODAY...
    From all that sweating i think i lost at least a pound...anywayyssss..

Today i decided to read Psalm 100, because it talks about giving thanks to God,your self.

Psalm 100

v.1-3 says, Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth worship the Lord with gladness come before him with joyfuj songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who had made us, and we are his; we are his people the sheep of his pasture.

So in these verse the scripture is telling us who and why we worship. We worship God right, and we worship him because of everything he does. The Lord has created us because of his love, not because he had to, but because we wanted to. He once to show the world how nature was created. And thats why it is so fascinating. There are so many questions need to be answered all around the world. And to get those answers is all from God, also from the bible. The bible is the key to everything. Im kind of kumping everywhere but if you know what i mean, thats good. So going back to the verse, it talks about worship right. When we worship remember who we worship. Its all about God. If there was no God, worship is no good, because the wors we sing out, and the words we speak out is all for God. Our father, the creater. And when we worship lets worship with joy and gladness. If we worship with hatred and sadness, God does not like it. We wanna be happy and joyful because it brings peace and joy. amen.

v.4 says, Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise give thanks to him and praise his name.

In this passage, it talks about thanks. The scripture says always be thankful. We should be, because the Lord has done so many remarkable things you cannot imagine. Sometimes you done relize it. The Lord has given us a family, friends, etc. But most importantly he has given us life, and soul. A chance to meet Christ. Also another thing we should be thankful is us being saved from Christ. We all sin, and the father sent down his son to die on the cross for our sins. And this brought peace in you and in this world. And we should be thankful for that. The reason why we say thanks is because we love our father. We love him, because he first loved us.

v5 says, For the Lord is good and his love endures forever, his faithfulness continues through all generations.

I found this passage full of Love. It says that the Lords love endures forever. So meaning, whatever you do, the Lord will always love you no matter what. Even if you did something really terrible, the will still Love you. And the Lord will still have faith in you. He will never stop loving you. So we should also love him and have faith in the Lord. Love is everything. And remember Love is one of the fruits of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, selfcontrol.

AMEN.........

Have an awesome week.......and cya soon..

Roh

Post  Roh on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 am

In the mood for something simple, so I looked up Psalms as well. Just flipping through, I ended up at Psalm 23, which is a pretty well-known, over-used passage.

"He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams."

But, sometimes he does not let me rest nor leads me beside these peaceful streams. I mean, I'd like to be near them, but sometimes he just places me elsewhere - the darkest valley. Have you ever had those moments? But at the same time, you feel peaceful because you know that God is with you and that this is just a phase. Could be a long phase, but it comforts you by saying that my cup overflows with blessings. God wants to bless you. He really does.

And I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Roh

crys.kim

Post  crys.kim on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 am

the weather today was gross No
    i went out today to meet my western friends
    worst mistake of my life
    we were sitting on the patio at starbucks all nicely and comfortably
    and for some odd reason my friends wanted to "do something" and wanted to walk to the park
    oh my gosh
    anyways it was just really really hot and humid

so today i finished the book of ephesians with chapter 6
    there was this one section titled "the armour of God"
    the things paul tells us in this section i felt was really relevant to our team at the reserve. he tells us that we must put on the armour of God to stand against the devil's schemes. the struggles we face are not against people but against the "spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." so we must have on the armour of God so that when we are faced with evil, we may be able to stand and stand firm. and then i really liked how paul lists what the armour of God is made up of: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, the word of the Spirit. we must remember these things and have them with us so that in times of spiritual struggles, that we may be able to protect ourselves and stand firm with God. on the reserve, without a doubt we will face many struggles and of those struggles will be spiritual warfare and also satan trying to break our team apart. but remembering what paul tells us right now, we should stay strong. and right now, before we leave for missions, we prepare ourselves by doing devotions and praying so that we may be able to develop our armours of God to put on at the reserve.
    at the end of this section paul reminds us to pray. we need to pray on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. whatever we do, we must rely on God and in times of help, seek help. especially in the cases where we need spiritual aid, we should ask God for guidance and strength. and in doing so always have faith that God will provide.

hopefully tomorrow will be a cooler day.
    ugh.
    transformers came out today!
    sooooo excited

Joseph

Post  Joseph on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:06 am

Yea roh, its so true, you always feel peaceful just beacuse God is around...amen to that..

Yo the native mission team should all go watch transformers 2, i wanna see that so bad...

esthershim

Post  esthershim on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 am

woow, it was 34 degrees today
    yowza, and me and my friend raced UP the stairs today, haah STUPID MISTAKE

Living For God!!
    1Peter 4:1-11
    "Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God."
    -huh, so this got me thinking...God has suffered for the sake of us, so we must in return remember and act accordingly to what he did for us
    -BUT when he suffered, he did it for our sins aand that made the suffering with sin
    -Christ's body suffered with sin because he got rid of our sins and that means he didnt live his time in earth for our unholy human actions but for the God's actions (the will of God)
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 am

YO sorry for the late post. played ball and today was hot eh. hotter than a firetruck.

Isaiah 49
    3 He said to me, "You are my servant,
    It's easier to say Follow me, then to say Take the Lead, or i'll follow you. One way for our team to grow in unity is for us to be a humble and serving team. There is no one higher than anyone and lower than anyone. The moment we say i'm better than you, that's wrong...completely. God made us equally and wonderfully made. It's awesome isn't it? ANd i get the privilege to serve with you guys and to follow you guys! Remember humility is not a easy way, but there are SO many great things that come out of it. WHat are ways where we can serve each other? Encouragements is one FOR SURE. Prayer FOR SURE. and ect etc FOR SURE. and most immportantly God, You can't serve another without God in your hearts.

They will neither hunger nor thirst,
    nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them

KInd of like our mission. THey will no longer have to search for satisfaction, but instead finally be able to witness and encounter and experience in our God. They will realize that God reigns in all the earth and that freedom is here. Choice of songs haha

Listen to the songs across the earth, and With everything. SICK SONGS. alos listen to You are Here

jennifersoomihong

Post  jennifersoomihong on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:11 am

hey team!!
    i love this weather!!!!! sunny so muchh!!
    today i read proverbs 15:4 "The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." this reminds me of how people can get so happy in just a few words that you say and if those few words are a little changed, they could do the opposite and ruin the person's rest of the day. It also remings me of how constant verbal abuse damages a person for life and how constant encouragement can bring a person success and fufillment in thier lives. We usually don't check what comes out of our mouths all of the time, and don't think it's that important, but really, it is. It could change a person dramatically, and i think we should use it for good, and especailly be very careful with our mouths at the reserve.

Have a wonderful tomorrows! See you all on Saturday! flower

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 am

Sorry for the late devo.

Isaiah 49
    "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant...I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

All throughout this chapter, I noticed God putting emphasis on His people by telling them that every single one of them has a purpose in life that is significant in God's eyes. To this day, I've believed that God had something "great" in store for each and every one of us- great as in hugely significant in all of our eyes. But from this chapter, it's clear that God works through everyone, even if they live a very ordinary life, in order to contribute to the glory of God's kingdom. So, I learned to humble myself and see that people who serve in the littlest ways are so significant and worthy in God's eyes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:15 pm