Got Fruit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

summer timeeee

crys.kim

summer timeeee

Post  crys.kim on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 pm

so today i had my exam
    and i must say it wasnt too bad
    thanks to all you guys who encouraged me and checked up on me yesterday and today
    truly felt the love from the team I love you

my apologies for not doing my devos yesterday
    but here it is
    so as i said before this is the second part of ephesians 4

this section was titled "living as children of light" and just like the title suggests, paul tells us how we should live our life.
    he says that we should not follow those who live life following the sinful ways of the world and indulging in impurity and wanting more each time. but we should put off our old lives corrupt with sin and lustful desires and put on a new self, made to like God in true righteousness and holiness. here paul tells us a really important point that we should not just simply change our lives, but we should "be made new with the attitude of our minds." Not only must we change the ways we live and speak and do, but we must change the way we think and feel, striving to live a Godly life of righteousness and holiness.

then paul continues by teaching us the specific ways we should act. first he says that we be truthful to those around us, since we are members of one body. we must not hold grudges. we must not steal, but work, doing something useful with our own hands so that we may share what we have with those in need. we should only speak words that encourage others and beneficial to the listener. we must also rid ourselves of every malice. lastly we must be kind and compassionate to each other and forgive one another just as God forgave us. of course all these things are important and are things that we should live by. but a few things struck me as relevant to our team. the first one was about encouragement. it is without a doubt that there will be disagreements and perhaps even bitterness amongst the members of our team. and paul tells us to forget whatever bitterness we have in our hearts-but this is very hard. in situations like these, it is also very easy to let our mouths run and say hurtful things. however we must remember to speak only things that build each other up. encouragement is key in a team for keeping a positive at atmosphere and support for one another. just like you guys did for me these past few days, lets do that for each other- you know, show each other some love. and of course i will do that for you because i want to, and i get to. also we should forgive each other when conflicts arise and treat everyone with kindness and compassion. when putting these things into action, we must remember that God forgave us and showed kindness and compassion- even though we did not deserve it at all. if we do these things for each other, it will be natural when we do the same for the natives. and the natives, seeing the love we have for every member, will learn by our examples and do the same in their lives.

so wootttt
    is everyone done now?
    finally we can enjoy summer
    it was so hot in london today. i went into a random building and sat and rested.
    i was sweating a lot.
    but anyways, once again
    thank you guys for checking how i was doing yesterday and asking how my exam went today.
    im so blessed to have you guys... such a great team hehe
    im excited to go back to toronto tomorrow!! for the rest of the summer!!

gracekimm.

Re: summer timeeee

Post  gracekimm. on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:13 am

summer summer summer is finally here Smile
    soooo happy all my exams are done ~
    chilllllllllllllllllll time ~ Very Happy

okay so today i was going through some chapters in the bible that i was pointed out to read by some members of BASIC.
    my mentor said that she really felt 2 Corinthians chapter 4 for me !
    HAHA at first i was like ...........................why .
    but i understand where she was coming from.
    not just i ,but everyone grows spiritually at a different speed. and when we grow, we can see how God is changing that person and how we can see them mature more in Christ .

I couldnt really narrow this one down, so and its pretty important to have the whole story
    so this is chapter 4:

Treasures in Jars of Clay
    1Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"[a]made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
    13It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."[b]With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
    16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

"I feel like Jesus is a light hidden in a clay jar and it's just.... about to BURST and youre just cracking all over the place and I can see it shining through. It's just so amazing." she said this to me, and i totally agree.
    We all have Jesus hidden in us, in a jar of clay ,and as we grow more so does that light. As it is about to burst, others can see that light shining through those cracks. Imagine being able to experience that. Seeing someone else transform and then we start to see the light shining through them more and more every day, bit by bit.

its like it says in verse 16... We dont loose heart because even if we are wasting away physically, spiritually, we are renewed every day and never die.

Let's show the kids at the reserve OUR LIGHT ! and lets see these kids shine as we spend more time with them and have God work His magic through all of us !

have a good week everyone Smile
    keep praying and lets grow together spritually as a team! cheers cheers
    Jacobpk

Post  Jacobpk on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 am

Yes, Exams are finally DONE.
    i played lots of basketball today, the ice cream truck came and i wanted ice cream, but had no money. dang-it.
    it's ok though, i came home SWEATY cause today was like an outside sauna, but i took a cold shower. spiffy.
    Our praise team is doing Isaiah as a whoel right now so this is what i got fomr Isaiah 47.

Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you
    when you say to yourself,
    'I am, and there is none besides me.'

We are called a TEAM for a reason, there's no I in team, there's no U in team, there's no ME in team because it doesn't count, it's not spelled right. There's no point for one member to run ahead and say i AM FIRST, when everyoen else is lagging haha. We as a team need to grow TOGETHER so that we cal ALL be spiritually and mentally fit for what's to come!

Perhaps you will succeed,
    perhaps you will cause terror.

Remember it's not us who call the shots. The moment we try to control it, we cause terror. Let God do the work, let him provide. then we will succeed.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:14 am

I think I have a cold... eww

From Isaiah 47, I learned of God's unlimited knowledge that is incomparable to our minute and almost selfish grasp of things in our lives. In this chapter, the queen of Babylon is put to shame because she abused her power without realizing the consequences of her actions. She told herself that "I am, and there is none besides me." Immediately after reading this chapter, I was blaming the queen for being so selfish and shortsighted. However, I think we can all admit that, in one or more situations, we have been putting ourselves up and ignoring everything and everyone else. I think God was especially disappointed in the queen because He gave so many people to be under the rule of the queen; He had a specific purpose for the queen. But when she realized how much "worldly" power she had, she forgot about God and decided to make her own decisions about Babylon.

We all have a purpose in our lives, and, even though God chose each one of us to do something unique, I hope that we can all remember that everyone has a special purpose in their lives and that we are all the same in God's eyes. Recognizing God's purpose for our lives will help us to humble ourselves and only lift God up more in everything that we do.

Roh

Post  Roh on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:00 am

It was SO hot today. I hope you guys all survived it cause I definitely got myself some red marks on my face and burned my neck a little. I don't like wearing sunscreen. It gives me this...weird feeling on my skin and I don't like having stuff on my skin...especially on my face. So if I was a girl, I don't think I could wear make up! Anyone else?

Anyway, I read 1 Timothy 4 today. Today will be part 1 and tomorrow will be part 2 of this message which will be a great application type of message for most of you, so stay tuned!

Paul talks about being a good servant of Jesus. What does it mean to be a "good" servant? Let's think in literal terms. A servant is someone that pretty much does everything that a master instructs them to do. That includes doing really tedious tasks, doing things out of your own sacrifice, and sometimes even doing things that you don't understand. But Paul reminds us that being a good servant is really about constantly training yourself with godliness: "Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. 'Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.' " Any training or servanthood is useless if it lacks godliness. Application for us? Doesn't matter how hard we try when it comes to planning this trip. If God isn't at the centre, our missions trip is pointless.

Moreover, "Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." Some people ignore you or look down upon you because you're younger. Even in the church, you may end up with lesser roles, or even within the team itself! Your opinion may not seem to matter as much, and older people may ignore you even if you are being so pure and right. But remember that God is your only judge and just live out your best.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

yena.an

devo

Post  yena.an on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:25 am

I finally had a sufficient amount of sleep today, but i'm still tired!! Sad
    Anywayssssss herrre is my devoooo:

today's topic in my devo book was the brevity of life.
    the passage is from James 4:14 --- "What is your life? You are a mist that happens for a little while and then vanishes."
    Our life is so short. Billy Graham says that the brevity of life should challenge us. life will be over before we know it, so we must take actions NOW. Now's the time to tell people about God. Let others know about Him.
    our time at the reserve is even shorter than life. so we need to take every advantage of the time that is given to us. the brevity of our missions trip should challenge us. we need to seize this opportunity we have to tell others about God and take action!
    As Billy Graham puts it, don't live this life as if it will last forever! instead, live with eternity in view.

yena.an pig

hannahlee

Post  hannahlee on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:35 am

IT IS SO DARN HOT.
    Crys- we're excited to finally have you back in Toronto!
    Roh- I hate sunscreen too. I cheat when my mom asks me if I put any on my face, haha.

Isaiah 47

10 “You felt secure in your wickedness.
    ‘No one sees me,’ you said.
    But your ‘wisdom’ and ‘knowledge’ have led you astray,
    and you said, ‘I am the only one, and there is no other.’

This verse really stood out to me today especially because of the way that "wisdom" and "knowledge" are put into quotes.
    This entire chapter reminded me of how just our God is, and how He will punish us when we deserve it - just look at how He talks to the wicked people of Babylon. It also taught me how oftentimes, we get far too caught up in attaining our personal success in this world, and forgetting about the success that God has planned for each and every one of us. Verse 10 shows us how sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking we can deceive our God and convince ourselves that our evil-doings are justified, by calling them works of 'wisdom' and 'knowledge' in our heads, so as to make ourselves feel better about the things that we commit, but this is not the way.

We are not the only inhabitants of this earth, we do not stand above the will of God, nor can we escape His wrath if we've really commit some wrong, and it's our purpose in life to fulfill what He has planned for us. It all sounds a bit threatening, but I feel like with such a loving God planning our futures, following His path for you will undoubtedly lead to a much more fulfilling life than one that is founded in the ways of this world.

- H

seankim

Post  seankim on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:47 am

Luke 18:1-8 (the parable of the perssitent widow)

ok so basically there was this douche judge and he didnt care about GOD or his men, but there was a women who was so persistent, that she wanted justice so bad, that finally the judge said okay, not because he wantred to good but because the widow was so annoying. I think GOD is ssaying, why do you we go to people who do not love us when we can go to HIM who loves us, and will always help

RoK

Post  RoK on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 am

Hebrews 9:

I read it, learned alot..too tired to write...

we now have the privilege of going straight to God when we need to talk to him, rather than going through a High priest.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:34 pm